New Star Trek series - 2017

Soldato
Ah Romulus still existed in the original prime time line but that was changed in TNG's 'all good things'. My bad, timelines are complicated!

Changed how?
I dont remember All Good Things changing Romulus, I've had a quick Google but can't find it, but there was a short story TNG based that acted as the intro to the Kelvin timeline..

Anyone else read it or have a link..?

Soldato
Changed how?
I dont remember All Good Things changing Romulus, I've had a quick Google but can't find it, but there was a short story TNG based that acted as the intro to the Kelvin timeline..

Anyone else read it or have a link..?

when Picard succeeded in creating the anti-time explosion in All Good Things, He changed the past, present and the future. The original future of the prime time line, the one Picard experienced in AGF, Enterprise D was still in service and Captained by Riker instead of being destroyed by the Duras sisters in 2371 (this is the 1701D we saw with the stupid 3rd nacelle, cloaking and that sodding great phase emitter weapon of doom if you remember), the Klingons had conquered the Romulans and didnt really get on with the Federation, Troi died and Romulus very much existing and was in the middle of a plague outbreak, as future Data explained. That all changed when Picard destroyed the temporal anomaly.

Picard had stepped down as captain of the Enterprise to become an ambassador, before retiring to his vineyards on Earth, where Irumodic Syndrome had began to cause his mental pathways to deteriorate. He had married Beverly Crusher, but the couple had divorced. After the divorce, she had kept the Picard surname and taken command of the medical ship USS Pasteur. The ship had been allowed by the Klingons to deliver medical supplies to the plague victims on war torn Romulus.

////

This future was altered when Q interfered by transferring the consciousness of Picard from 2370 to the body of his older self. The Enterprises from three time periods created the anti-time eruption and were subsequently successful in collapsing the anomaly. When Picard's consciousness was returned to his 2370 self, he shared his experience of how the future was going to unfold with the crew. He caused them to make different life choices, which created new future for the prime timeline, resulting in nothing from this timeline to happen. (TNG: "All Good Things...")

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Anti-time_future

Caporegime
That whole countdown thing had the romulan mining ship outfitted with Borg weaponry as well iirc and it was able to disable Enterprise and jump back in time. Helps explain how it managed to take out the federation fleet so easily.

Man of Honour
Lets face it, 60's Enterprise bridge looks *****.

Compared to Enterprise 1701-A though, it looks OK:

constitutionbrc3bccke2293.jpg
I don't normally quote whopping great images, but for me Star Trek VI got the Star Trek universe look "just right"

The ships, the interiors, the uniforms. Everything is almost perfect in my eyes.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I don't normally quote whopping great images, but for me Star Trek VI got the Star Trek universe look "just right"

The ships, the interiors, the uniforms. Everything is almost perfect in my eyes.

It's certainly my favourite bridge of all of them. Though as far as the look of the ship goes, I prefer the TMP intricate paintjob that was very pearlescent (and consequently bloody difficult to shoot with!). ILM apparently hated that 8ft model of the refit Enterprise. When they were shooting with it on "The Wrath of Khan" they ended up dulling down the finish on the ship to make it easier to shoot against bluescreen.

Caporegime
I loved it.
i don't care about all the holes and silliness in the plot.
i thought it was a great episode, and a great canon tie-up at the end also.
I very much enjoyed the enterprise at the end, shame that isn't the series we now follow for a while under the guise of 'discovery'.
Guess we get the beta quadrant a 1000 years in the future instead, where they have a database with stacks of info, but no tech to match.

So many holes and silliness but I loved that episode.
I like the story arc I just wish there were fewer holes.

But it might just be because I love a space battle!

I hope that is the start of the borg and it isn't a waste

Soldato
So many holes and silliness but I loved that episode.
I like the story arc I just wish there were fewer holes.

But it might just be because I love a space battle!

I hope that is the start of the borg and it isn't a waste
Nothing to do with the Borg.

Loved Enterprise both inside and out. A great homage and really well done update.

Was giddy hearing all the correct ship sounds .

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Saw a funny comment on a YT video about the season finale, regarding the 'plan' to prevent Control from ever becoming a thing. It seems that Spock will forget one of the important lessons of all this by the time TOS rolls around, given that they go through all this rubbish to stop a killer AI from being created...and then allow one to be fitted to the Enterprise in "The Ultimate Computer"...you'd kind of think Spock might have pointed out the similarities between M-5 and Control.

OH WELL :p

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I would never once make the claim that they haven't found an audience with the show. It's just a pity that it seems that they're hell bent on not just finding that new audience but alienating a good portion of the old Trek audience while they're at it. There ought to have been a happy middle-ground.

Soldato
I'd be cautious with any claims, as even the article states that CBS and Netflix don't give out figures. CBS have also been caught doing some dodgy accounting, claiming that cancelled subscriptions are merely suspended, and counting them as subscribers. CBS doesn't have any other big new shows to lead their streaming service at the moment, so STD may well be safe until the network has other options to pull new customers into a subscription

Soldato
Looks from the first image released from the new show that they are not going to attempt a complete re-design, a familiar looking uniform in the background although older than where the films ended up which is a little confusing.

XbJj8ng.jpg

Caporegime
Looks from the first image released from the new show that they are not going to attempt a complete re-design, a familiar looking uniform in the background although older than where the films ended up which is a little confusing.

XbJj8ng.jpg

Hard to know if this show will cater to what people want. When this was first talked about people seemed to think it was gonna be TNG part 2. Doesn't seem to be even remotely going in that direction going by whats been talked about.

I wonder if they'll work the disease he was meant to have a possibility of getting into the story somehow, "Irumodic Syndrome", (basically dementia of some sort).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom