New Star Trek series - 2017

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Have they said whether it's set in the JJverse because I reckon it clearly looks that way to me.

JJverse is Kirk onwards, this is pre-Kirk, so it's same timeline as Enterprise at this point.

Edit: Actually I'm wrong it could be based after Kirk's father's death which would place it in JJverse. We'll have to wait and see. The ship design looks like an improved NX Enterprise though, and less like the JJ technology.

Soldato
JJverse is Kirk onwards, this is pre-Kirk, so it's same timeline as Enterprise at this point.

Edit: Actually I'm wrong it could be based after Kirk's father's death which would place it in JJverse. We'll have to wait and see. The ship design looks like an improved NX Enterprise though, and less like the JJ technology.

The first trailer had it as ten years before Kirk/Spock, but there's a lot of speculation that it's being done as a third reboot. After studio interference it's not the JJ verse, and not the Prime line, but no one really knows what it is supposed to be.

Caporegime
I don't like the shape of the ship at all :(

Edit: Ah my opinion was based on the first teaser, seems it's less like a massive triangle as i'd thought, considering the trailer.

Last edited:
Caporegime
This is set in the original timeline, not Abrams alternate timeline.

Praxxis blew up well after this takes place.

Well... technically it's in both surely? It's before either? Though seemingly with a small search, it seems it's to keep off of the new Movie franchise's toes (and vice versa). Just seems kinda awkward...

Ah wait, it's set in the 2240s, then well nvm. :)

Man of Honour
Surely its post Broken Bow, post Archer - pre Kirk that offers a time spot for Klingon war/ hostilities....

It's so messed up I wish it all just was continuous.

It absolutely is a total **** fest of a timeline now. I really dont know why they had to do any reboots at all and **** around with timelines and settings. They should have just continued the original timeline, there was a natural progression from TOS to TNG to DS9 to Voyager...at that point they should have simply continued onto the next stage. Instead they go all the way back with Enterprise, then they go back to TOS but "alternate" ( wooo...ahhhh....wow !)

Its just turned the whole thing into a mess. I want to see how things develop post Dominion not going back but ooh look, this bit is different now !!! Stunning eh Mr Viewer, its like the same...but....but...wait for it.....different !! *mystical wave of arms in the air*

Soldato
It absolutely is a total **** fest of a timeline now. I really dont know why they had to do any reboots at all and **** around with timelines and settings. They should have just continued the original timeline, there was a natural progression from TOS to TNG to DS9 to Voyager...at that point they should have simply continued onto the next stage. Instead they go all the way back with Enterprise, then they go back to TOS but "alternate" ( wooo...ahhhh....wow !)

Its just turned the whole thing into a mess. I want to see how things develop post Dominion not going back but ooh look, this bit is different now !!! Stunning eh Mr Viewer, its like the same...but....but...wait for it.....different !! *mystical wave of arms in the air*
I agree, would rather it be set after all the other shows to see how things continue to develop. As it is I'm apathetic about the whole thing. As much as I like Scott Bakula, I did not click with Enterprise (maybe because the theme tune also was awful) - just felt weird to watch a show set in the "past" after all the other trek was moving forward. Now they're continuing to wallow in the "past" close to the the Kirk/Spock era, rehashing familiar themes and conflicts for a new audience rather than creating something totally new set in the future long after Voyager returns. Maybe there could be new technology that allows efficient travel to the delta quadrant (or an artificial wormhole). Maybe as you said see what happens in "Sisko land" ( :p) long after the events of DS9. I just wish things were continuing forward into the future - hopefully if this show is a success they might consider more risky spinoffs eventually.

Caporegime

Calm down :(, At least it wasn't a predestination paradox, **** i hate those, what utterly worthless plots they create.

A certain TV show is entirely that, ruined it.

Soldato
I agree, would rather it be set after all the other shows to see how things continue to develop. As it is I'm apathetic about the whole thing. As much as I like Scott Bakula, I did not click with Enterprise (maybe because the theme tune also was awful) - just felt weird to watch a show set in the "past" after all the other trek was moving forward. Now they're continuing to wallow in the "past" close to the the Kirk/Spock era, rehashing familiar themes and conflicts for a new audience rather than creating something totally new set in the future long after Voyager returns. Maybe there could be new technology that allows efficient travel to the delta quadrant (or an artificial wormhole). Maybe as you said see what happens in "Sisko land" ( :p) long after the events of DS9. I just wish things were continuing forward into the future - hopefully if this show is a success they might consider more risky spinoffs eventually.

Seriously I know I have posted before on it but I would love a series set in the timeline of Star Trek: Online (late 24th and early 25th century - basically after Voyagers return).

It has Klingon conflict (collapse of the Khitomer accords), Udine (8472) interference / full scale fleet battles (+ Oddysey class Enterprise), Romulan Star Empire collapse, Iconian war arc, Dyson spheres and loads more. (Note - the latter opens up the Delta quadrant to Starfleet :))

Basically a metric crap ton of content and lore to digest and explore.

(It is a shame that the game is somewhat clunky to play).

Back on topic, I watched the trailer and thought I was watching a JJ era spin off tbh. I might give it a go if we get Netflix but I am not going out of my way to watch it.

Back
Top Bottom