New Star Trek series - 2017

Soldato
Tyler is Voq
Well yes. They're not even being subtle about it any more. The moment he saw L'Rell and started having visions was a dead giveaway. The conversation in the brig confirmed it beyond reasonable doubt. There's maybe a fraction of a percent chance that it's some grand misdirection on the part of the writers. So yeah, at this point, I don't really see how Tyler could NOT be Voq.

On another topic, I'm super happy they seem to be moving away from the "Klingons speaking Klingon 100% of the time" thing. The actors, when speaking English, are actually able to... you know... act. And emote. And all that good stuff.

Caporegime
So are we to assume that Discovery has jumped to a different quadrant (like the Gamma quadrant) and hence why there was no spore drives or mention of it in other trek series?

Nah, they were banging on that much about alternative dimensions in that ep that I'd be surprised if it wasn't (plus with the jump not going as normal). The writers aren't exactly.....subtle.

Soldato
What a surprise, that episode was really good. I thought it had lost it's way after last weeks episode but what a recovery :)

Really looking forward to seeing what happens next!!

Caporegime
I liked it. It seems like up to this point was a massive series of pilot episodes, trying out a bit of everything, testing ideas.

I don't know if they will stay where they are, I personally hope so, as that gives them free reign to do whatever they want in future episodes and no longer be lambasted by older fans.

It was a fine line up until this point but as corney and predictable as it was it was still very decent.

Caporegime
Well yes. They're not even being subtle about it any more. The moment he saw L'Rell and started having visions was a dead giveaway. The conversation in the brig confirmed it beyond reasonable doubt. There's maybe a fraction of a percent chance that it's some grand misdirection on the part of the writers. So yeah, at this point, I don't really see how Tyler could NOT be Voq.

On another topic, I'm super happy they seem to be moving away from the "Klingons speaking Klingon 100% of the time" thing. The actors, when speaking English, are actually able to... you know... act. And emote. And all that good stuff.

I need to watch Again I have no idea where you got this from. I just took it as 9 months of torture PTSD as it seemed at face value? I must have missed a lot, I was eating dinner after all :p

Soldato
So im all up to date, however reading on wiki (as that last episode seemed cliffhangery) the 10th episode is on in jan and it looks like its the last one of the series.

Back
Top Bottom