New Star Trek series - 2017

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Another "ok" episode.

A lot of what they did seemed very unneeded...

So I guess maybe the way they are going to bring this show inline with TOS and the rest of ST is to get them stuck in a dimension that isn't there's which will be the one we know from TOS...

Maybe if they do that then the federation of the TOS dimension will reverse engineer the tech from Discovery and that's how you get to TNG, Hhhhmmmm....

Soldato
I need to watch Again I have no idea where you got this from. I just took it as 9 months of torture PTSD as it seemed at face value? I must have missed a lot, I was eating dinner after all :p
The circumstances of Tyler's introduction, immediately after Voq disappeared... it was always a bit suspicious. Add to that he mentioned the Klingon lady, who was Voq's girlfriend, took a "liking" to him. Add to that, she told Voq he would have to give up everything. It was also a bit funny how you can find next to zero information online on who Voq's actor is, or what he looks like.

I suspected Tyler was Voq as soon as I realised the captain of the Klingon prison ship was Voq's girlfriend, and this last episode seems to confirm it.

Soldato
Also he seemed to be in pretty good shape considering he had months of torture, given the amount of tools/blood/cutting he appeared to be subjected to the Klingons made an effort to make sure he looked pretty and fit for Lorca to take him back to Discovery. I know the Feds are quite happy to regenerate skin and scar treatment but it's a lot of effort for the Klingons to do it. Voq giving up everything is certainly the biggest hint. Then again it could be more bad writing.

Caporegime
Orville is good yep. So far the new trek is just war and stupid science. It totally lacks any social dimension that trek should cover.

Orville has really pulled in the slack, it's doing so well cos trek has been disappointing... I like it.

Caporegime
I wouldn't say Orville is doing well, it barely scraped a season 2 and it's ratings after the opening episode were fairly poor.

I'm not suggesting ratings should be a barometer for quality, just saying it nearly didn't make it.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Could be they were in an 'alternative' universe (not MU), and have now moved to the Prime-Universe (or some other alti-verse, sliders-esqe). It would explain the lack of spore drive technology in the prime universe, the fact that Sarek never mentioned his daughter, or that she was the one that started the war, and the reason why Klingons look so different.

Back
Top Bottom