New Star Trek series - 2017

Soldato
Hmmm, from there I wouldn't believe it. However a more reliable source also mentions it.

Kurtzman's 5 year mission.....
https://trekmovie.com/2018/06/19/br...elevision-franchise-alex-kurtzman-to-oversee/

This morning CBS announced they have extended Star Trek: Discovery executive producer Alex Kurtzman’s agreement with an exclusive deal through to 2023

The Picard thing is looking like a separate series and not a guest role in Discovery. Which could be cool.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...os-will-expand-star-trek-tv-franchise-1104232
The new deal comes as rumblings about another Star Trek series, featuring Patrick Stewart reprising his role asStar Trek: The Next Generation's Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, have been getting louder. Sources say Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman, who left Discovery after season one, are attached to the Stewart-led reboot. CBS TV Studios declined to confirm the Stewart project as sources say a deal is far from completed and may not happen, despite the fact that the actor recently teased his potential return to the franchise.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
So do we get to see Riker commanding the future Enterprise and Picard losing his marbles lol...

We-e-e-ell...technically that didn't/doesn't happen, since it was just Q screwing with Picard. Besides which, there's no Enterprise-D for the "All Good Things" timeline any more since they crashed it on Veridian III in Generations - so no awesome three-nacelled dreadnought with a BFG strapped to the underside of the saucer :( :D

Man of Honour
Given they keep going backwards in time, I wouldnt be surprised if Patrick Stewart is just a cameo and it turns out to be a tv series about a young Picard (starring some young guy as Picard) and the story of him from Academy to Enterprise.

Caporegime
Indeed it would, given PS is a tad older now than he was when it aired I cant see it being a reboot...

Be interesting to see how they could shoehorn Riker into it if this did happen, be like Worf conveniently showing up in every tng movie. :p Getting all the old cast together would be great though.

Back
Top Bottom