New Theory test "questions"

Caporegime
As some of you may know as of yesterday the Car theory test has been slightly altered, apparently so people will need a bit more in depth knowledge and more rounded knowledge or something (basically harder). To do this they decided to stick a "case study" in, without really giving any information on it at all.

I did the test yesterday and all I can say is it's pointless. Far from making it harder at best it is the same, and at worse easier...

Essentially it consisted of a case study on which the last 5 questions would be based on, I was a little worried before I got to it as I had no knowledge as to what it would be like and assumed it would be some long winded story about everything going wrong, followed by a load of difficult/convoluted answers.

Instead it consisted of a couple of paragraphs, in my case of "you" going to see a friend at his house, planning the route and going in the quiet part of the day so as less traffic, location being changed to the town centre, then going through an industrial area in the wet through various traffic claming measures... I was furiously memorising this for a couple of minutes then pressed the next button... Case study was still there and the question "what sign indicates you have the right of way", straight out of the test book, followed by 4 other questions, a couple only barely connected to the case study itself...

Utterly pointless IMO, I just ignored the case study as there was no need for it. I'm probably missing the point, however it just seems a very poorly though out way of doing it.:confused:

Reason for posting this "info", dunno really, maybe it'll reassure people going in to do their tests soon as they won't know much about the new case study and also to see what others think about it, and the theory test in general.

Soldato
I had to redo my theory the other day due to sheer laziness on my part regards the practical previously.

I did it before the new case study stuff though, as I wasn't sure how much of a balls up it might turn out to be. Had to do 50 questions this time though, instead of the 35 I did last time.

Caporegime
OP
I had planned to do it before, however it seemed everyone else had too, so the first availability was on the 29th... (At that point all we had read was that it would occur at "the end of the month", which usually means today... :p)

Caporegime
OP
Piece of pish mate. :p

Should be fine with the theory, I only got the book and CD 2 days before, just went through the CD and the hazard perception (harder of the two, my dad (driven for 30 years) and sister (9 years) would have both failed...) and did ok. I did have a reasonable amount of knowledge on the road in the first place though.:)

Back
Top Bottom