new title, 450BT better than my sfx?

Soldato
Right change of topic save making a new one.

Is the Evga 450BT better than the silverstone sfx I have? I ordered one yesterday and apparently should arrive today, it’s going in my other big case I’m now building in, but until I know the sata count and despite it being an atx, would it make sense to swap the psu round or would it make no difference what so ever? I don’t know how comparable they are.

Last edited:
Soldato
I doubt you'll find anyone here who will give the Corsair VS or EVGA White PSUs an endorsement :p 30A on the 12V rail for a 500W PSU is pretty awful.

But the 500W thing is nonsense. It's a one-size-fits-most recommendation that errs on the side of caution. I'd expect a basic system with a 760 to use less than 300W under load. With 30A available, you're looking at around 100W of headroom on the 12V rail, which should be fine.

Soldato
OP
I doubt you'll find anyone here who will give the Corsair VS or EVGA White PSUs an endorsement :p 30A on the 12V rail for a 500W PSU is pretty awful.

But the 500W thing is nonsense. It's a one-size-fits-most recommendation that errs on the side of caution. I'd expect a basic system with a 760 to use less than 300W under load. With 30A available, you're looking at around 100W of headroom on the 12V rail, which should be fine.

Thanks for reply.

Yeah I wouldn’t expect anyone to suggest those, I was using them as an example, I’ve usually done well buying parts, but this is a build not to waste too much money on, this topic was more about if 30-40A on a less then 500w is more realistic than buying 500w units for the sake of the power output.

I was after a 2200g before I got this card, so I’ll likely get another 1200 as the demand use is going to be low with this System

Back
Top Bottom