New to pc gaming and want a good pc between £1000-1500

Associate
Hi everyone,

I am new to forums and just wanted some advice really on buying a system as I have looked myself and don't really understand computers all that well and the meanings and which brand to go with as I know there are so many different options to choose from and I don't really know what one is best?

If possible I would like the system to last a good 5 to 6 six years before I need to spend again upgrading, do you think this is achievable?

Many thanks and hope to get to know some of you better soon!

Associate
Hi everyone,

I am new to forums and just wanted some advice really on buying a system as I have looked myself and don't really understand computers all that well and the meanings and which brand to go with as I know there are so many different options to choose from and I don't really know what one is best?

If possible I would like the system to last a good 5 to 6 six years before I need to spend again upgrading, do you think this is achievable?

Many thanks and hope to get to know some of you better soon!

Yes, you could definitely buy a PC now for that budget which would last 5-6 years.

What would you mainly use the PC for?

Could you build it yourself, or do you want one pre-built?

Associate
OP
Yes, you could definitely buy a PC now for that budget which would last 5-6 years.

What would you mainly use the PC for?

Could you build it yourself, or do you want one pre-built?

Hi, I just want to have something that is pretty decent on games, as I have grown bored of playing my PS4 all the time, and would like to get into PC gaming and maybe even have a little go streaming sometime but unsure on that at the moment. As I have no idea about fixing up computers I would definitely say I would like to order it built lol!

Associate
Hi, I just want to have something that is pretty decent on games, as I have grown bored of playing my PS4 all the time, and would like to get into PC gaming and maybe even have a little go streaming sometime but unsure on that at the moment. As I have no idea about fixing up computers I would definitely say I would like to order it built lol!
Do you need a monitor with the PC?

Soldato
BB CODE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,513.99 (includes shipping: £23.10)​

CODE
  • 1 x AOC Q3279VWF 32" 2560x1440 VA 75Hz FREESYNC WideScreen LED Monitor= £259.99
  • 1 x OcUK Gaming Vision VR Gaming PC - Intel 8th Generation 3.6GHz Quad Core = £1,247.00
    • Processor:Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz (Coffee Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail
    • Memory:Team Group Vulcan T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C14 2400MHz Dual Channel Kit - Grey (TLGD416G24
    • Graphics Card:*Build Stock* Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070Ti Gaming 8192MB GDDR5 Graphics Card
    • Solid State Drive:TeamGroup 240GB L5 Lite SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 3D NAND Solid State Drive
    • CPU Cooler:Alpenfohn Brocken ECO CPU Cooler - 120 mm
    • Case:phanteks Eclipse P400 Midi Tower Case - Black Window
    • WIFI:Unwanted
    • Security Software:Bullguard Anti-Virus 2017 - 1 PC 1 Year **Offer Price**
Total: £1,530.09 (includes shipping: £23.10)

Associate
  • 1 x OcUK Gaming Vision VR Gaming PC - Intel 8th Generation 3.6GHz Quad Core = £1,319.04
    • Processor:Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz (Coffee Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail
    • Memory:Team Group Vulcan T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C14 2400MHz Dual Channel Kit - Grey (TLGD416G24
    • Graphics Card:*Build Stock* Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070Ti Gaming 8192MB GDDR5 Graphics Card
    • Solid State Drive:TeamGroup 480GB L5 Lite SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 3D NAND Solid State Drive
    • CPU Cooler:Alpenfohn Brocken ECO CPU Cooler - 120 mm
    • Case:phanteks Eclipse P400S Glass Midi Tower Case - Noise Dampened Black
    • WIFI:Unwanted
    • Security Software:Bullguard Anti-Virus 2017 - 1 PC 1 Year **Offer Price**
Total: £1,333.14 (includes shipping: £14.10)

Especially if you're playing at 1080p, I assume you are, this PC will last aaaaaages:

• A fast 6core/12thread CPU will be great for gaming and heavy productivity tasks (streaming).
  • 16GB RAM to easily handle gaming and streaming
  • A noise-dampened case to keep it all quiet
  • Large SSD to install all your games and programs on.

The only negative aspect of this build is the budget Power Supply - if you could arrange for OCuk to upgrade it, that would be great.

Last edited:
Soldato
A 1060/1050ti won't last for 5-6 years, even at 1080p - they both struggle in some games now

Any GPU will struggle in 2-3 years time with V Ray :D
Specially since it will be embedded in DX12 and hardware - but... Can't wait for it ! Specially last time I touched anything with V Ray was 2007 and took 7 PCs to render a scene hahaha

Associate
Building a pc isn’t too difficult

This! There are multiple guides on YouTube and it's far more daunting then it actually is to do, I'm in process of building my second PC but you'll feel really please if you do it yourself.

Besides a lot of it is plug and play to get it up and running, hardest part is the cabling but even then it ain't so bad!

Back
Top Bottom