New to pc gaming and wanting to build my son one up "edited"

Associate
Realised I may of broken some rules

No idea where to start. I need something that will be future proof be able to play the latest games with ease and also be used as a normal desktop. Budget £1300-£1400 no monitor required for now but will require the usual accessories mouse.keyboard headset etc. Would like the lights coulored fans as its for my son for his birthday and he likes all of that jazzy stuff. Oh and for me to have a sneaky play on it when he's gone to bed . Everything I read just goes over my head. Help please I have 1 month to.sort this

Last edited:
Associate
If your not sure what to buy and especially how to build a PC I would suggest looking at the PC builder tool on the Overclockers website or prebuilt systems in general. You could put together a system and ask for feedback on it. Currently it is hard to recommend a PC for that price as the GPUs just aren't in stock. I would recommend as a minimum for your budget a Ryzen 5 3600 or better cpu on AMD, and an intel 10400 or better cpu on intel. Nvidia graphics card ideally a 3060ti or 3070 would be in your budget range but good luck getting one at MRSP. In the meantime a nvidia 1660ti or 2060 might be the best you find but they aren't great value for money compared to the new nvidia 3000 series. On the AMD side a 5700xt might be the best you find and its an ok card if you get it at the right price but it doesn't offer the ray tracing support you get with the nvidia 3000 series.

Back
Top Bottom