New to Watercooling Need Help/Advice

Soldato
Hi new to watercooling,

going to be doing a new build and the processor is going to be the i5-4670k which I will be overclocking, and the tower I am looking at is the Zalman Z11 Plus.

I am not looking for a whole watercool setup just the cpu and I am a bit confused as to what I need/what would fit/be compatible and also offer the best in terms of cooling performance.

I have been looking at the following and was hoping for some advice on whether any would be a good choice for the processor and case I mentioned:

- Corsair Hydro H75 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler - 120mm Radiator
- Corsair H80i Hydro Series Extreme Performance CPU Liquid Cooling System
- Corsair H100i Hydro Series CPU Water Cooler with 240mm Radiator & fans
- NZXT Kraken X60 All In One Watercooler
- OcUK Tech Labs Fathom All in One Custom Cooler 120mm
- Zalman Reserator 3 MAX Ultimate Liquid CPU Cooler
- Zalman SKADI LQ520

Im a bit clueless with all these to be honest so opinions/advice would be great thanks :)

PS, the OcUK Tech Labs Fathom All in One Custom Cooler 120mm looks good but there are different options like radiator and colour and again not sure which to pick :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
For compatibility I have found all compatible coolers for the tower on PC Part Picker :)

I like the looks of the Zalman Reserator 3 MAX Ultimate Liquid CPU Cooler :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Personally, I would go with the 240mm rad/H100i. The nano fluid thing is nonsense IMO, it makes very little difference to cooling performance. You'd be better with the larger rad and some good fans.

Soldato
Out of the ones listed, i would say the 240mm Fathoms would perform the best but that is only because it is a pre-set up entry level custom loop. The other AIOs dont really perform better than the chunky big air cooler which are also much cheaper.

The black ice rad would be my first choice for the fathoms.

Back
Top Bottom