New Toyota Supra formally announced

Soldato
The addition of a front plate will tame down that nose a touch. Overall I think it is awesome.

Supra, A110, GT86, MX5... all cars I hope to be considering in 5+ years time once we get ourselves into a nicer house.

Am I wrong to be more interested in the 4 cylinder one that keeps being talked about though? :o

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Is that centre console the wrong way around? Sure the oh-"snap" handle should be on the other side. Does it not swap between LHD and RHD?

It's lost the driver centric interior that was unique to the MKV Supra and the rear styling has lost its way from the FT-1 concept however if it drives well then it'll surely be a success regardless. Those who want a hark back to the MKV Supra in a modern cost saving era should just buy a MKV Supra tbh.

Soldato
Is that centre console the wrong way around? Sure the oh-"snap" handle should be on the other side. Does it not swap between LHD and RHD?

It's lost the driver centric interior that was unique to the MKV Supra and the rear styling has lost its way from the FT-1 concept however if it drives well then it'll surely be a success regardless. Those who want a hark back to the MKV Supra in a modern cost saving era should just buy a MKV Supra tbh.

It's driver centric. That pillar on the console is a knee pad I think (for bracing on during fast cornering). The GT86 has them as well, except on both sides.

Associate
it almost looks over-styled to me - like there's too much going on in places. e.g. the vent/slash above the front wheel arch, the elongated headlights (how much are they going to be to replace?!?) and the duck-tail spoiler (to me) dont quite blend with the rest of the shaping. In person it might look better tho, we'll see.

Do we yet know the price?

Soldato
Me likey! A bit too much BMW on the inside though :( Wanted it to retain some of its fighter pilot style but I guess thats the price you pay for partnering with a European.

Be interesting to know how much - Early suggestions are around £40k?

Soldato
I think it looks a lot better in silver. Interior is nice, but is essentially just BMW. I guess that will please those who require high quality clocks ;)

Looks to me like the Photoshop department might not be on top form, unless of course the heater really is capable of achieving a 68C cabin temperature :p

Soldato
that is one ugly car, it has everything that's wrong about modern styling...it is too cut and slashed looking, it has no smooth curves that run and blend into each other, they're all cut and slashed off.
if you half close your eyes it looks as if it's rolled over a few times ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom