New Trainers

Soldato
I escaped the room before that!

So they are indeed really squeaky but they're also really comfortable

I enjoyed the pair of Vapormax I had, they were fun to wear, I like how they felt on feet.

Not keen on the new design. The massive buckle on the front remind me of an ankle monitor

Last edited:
Soldato
I enjoyed the pair of Vapormax they were fun to wear, I like they felt when I walked.

Not keen on the need design. The massive buckle on the front remind me of an ankle monitor

Yeah I'm really pleased with how comfortable they are. I'd certainly get a new pair when I see a bright colourway I like.

The tag thing is a bit weird. Looks like i stole them from the shops! it does work quite well though - lets hope I don't forget how to tie laces!

Soldato
I like the idea and I expect it would get a lot of traction too :)

KRdYin5.jpg

These just turned up. Not actually sure if I like them or not but it was a nice cheap way to try out a pair of VapourMax. If nothing else it's good it's a sustainable shoe!

(I wasn't watching This Moring. I swear)

I've just ordered those in the same colour - They look very comfortable.

I got these a while ago - Nike Air Max 2 (1995)
These were the first trainers I bought as a kid (16) with my own hard earned money. Nike re-launched them in 2020 with some minor design tweaks so thought I'd grab them for some retro memories :)

49115158958_b1892ecd76_c.jpg

I also got these Limited Edition Air Max 97's, which are from a set where Nike ran a competition for the public to design trainers inspired by cities of the world

London

51150305286_74bdb056ac_c.jpg

Seoul

img

Last edited:
Soldato
They're remarkably comfortable essentially just feel like socks

So jealous of the London 97s had so many opportunities to buy them but never did. Biggest regret of last year

Soldato
So jealous of the London 97s had so many opportunities to buy them but never did. Biggest regret of last year
I had to go to eBay to get both, and pay overs for them. I think it was was worth it though, 97's fit really well :)

Soldato
I just can't get with the lines on the 97s. Just don't do it for me.

I've just ordered some IKEA Kallax units for my office and for our bedroom. The wife has already too many pairs of trainers that they fill up our downstairs toilet/ shoe space, so will be putting a unit in our room for all her trainers and I'll no doubt keep mine in my office. Obviously have LED strips ordered as well... duh!

Soldato
I've just ordered those in the same colour - They look very comfortable.

I got these a while ago - Nike Air Max 2 (1995)
These were the first trainers I bought as a kid (16) with my own hard earned money. Nike re-launched them in 2020 with some minor design tweaks so thought I'd grab them for some retro memories :)

49115158958_b1892ecd76_c.jpg

Love this pair a lot. They are surprisingly comfortable. Mrs mocks me everytime I wear them and calls them dad shoes though...

Soldato
I just can't get with the lines on the 97s. Just don't do it for me.

I've just ordered some IKEA Kallax units for my office and for our bedroom. The wife has already too many pairs of trainers that they fill up our downstairs toilet/ shoe space, so will be putting a unit in our room for all her trainers and I'll no doubt keep mine in my office. Obviously have LED strips ordered as well... duh!

Make sure you get the glass shelf inserts and doors to go with them also. Can fit 2x pairs per square then!

Soldato
Yea, might have to order a few at a time haha I worked out I bought enough of the Kallax units to have 10 squares in our bedroom and I have 15 in my office. So doubling capacity would be great but that's another 500 euros on top :D think of the shoes! I will do it though. No doubt as space starts running out :p
They are a bit pricey but worth it I think. Keeps the dust out too

Soldato
Hi guys, whats the best way to authenticate Nike trainers? We recently bought some Air Jordan 1 Mid - Chicago PS (preschool) for our kid) - and were just wanting to make sure they are legit. Ive looked at the net and most of the guides are for Adult versions not the kid ones - from that though they seem to follow the legit guides, with the text on the label being even and level etc, the swoosh on the sole being crisp and pointy with the R being clear etc.
Also scanned the QR code on the label on the box and the inside of the tounge - just takes us to the nike app.
Im just assuming as you guys seem to like trainers you might know a better way.

Caporegime
Hi guys, whats the best way to authenticate Nike trainers? We recently bought some Air Jordan 1 Mid - Chicago PS (preschool) for our kid) - and were just wanting to make sure they are legit. Ive looked at the net and most of the guides are for Adult versions not the kid ones - from that though they seem to follow the legit guides, with the text on the label being even and level etc, the swoosh on the sole being crisp and pointy with the R being clear etc.
Also scanned the QR code on the label on the box and the inside of the tounge - just takes us to the nike app.

Why would you even care now you have them?

I'm guessing you bought off eBay or a car boot sale. Which boggles the mind if you wanted to make sure they were legit and for a kid why not just get a pair from a shop?

Soldato
Why would you even care now you have them?

I'm guessing you bought off eBay or a car boot sale. Which boggles the mind if you wanted to make sure they were legit and for a kid why not just get a pair from a shop?

Well yea we bought them from ebay, but seller has a return poilcy if were not happy, but that shouldnt make a difference as to where i got them etc. Only reason we got them on the bay was the colour option we wanted, are not instock anywhere.
Nothing to boggle the mind to be honest, and as to why we care, we dont per say - just making sure what the seller said was accurate and as we can return them if were not happy, just trying to make sure.

Soldato

Go to reddit.com/r/Repsneakers/ post some photos and ask for a LC

Soldato
You can also try the checkcheck legit checking app. Costs a quid or so to do the check.

However I would bet you the cost of the shoe those are legit.

Mids weren't repped that much until recently and even then the quality hasn't really been perfect with them. Especially ps versions.

Soldato
You can also try the checkcheck legit checking app. Costs a quid or so to do the check.

However I would bet you the cost of the shoe those are legit.

Mids weren't repped that much until recently and even then the quality hasn't really been perfect with them. Especially ps versions.
Go to reddit.com/r/Repsneakers/ post some photos and ask for a LC

Cheers guys, didnt realise such an app or reddit sub was around to be honest, ill hopefully be able to figure it out - thanks again guys.

Top Bottom