New Tripod time

Soldato
My Slik 700 pro is on its last legs (lol see what i did there :p dam tough crowd) and am thinking of going for a Manfrotto this time as the Frotto monopod i have is fantastic, and i have my mind set on the Manfrotto 055XPROB and the 488RC2 head as this seems to get a lot of praise from all groups, am looking for thoughts on the set up, i dont really have a set field of things i photograph as i do all sorts from landscape to wildlife.

thanks in advance

Associate
I use a 055 and it's a very nice tripod - sturdy, stiff and tall enough for a 6'4 lummox like me to use painlessly. It is, however, rather weighty. Depending on what you're planning to stick on top of it, a lot of people prefer the 190 series if they can get away with it.
Head-wise, the 488RC2 is tried and tested, though I'm one of the strange few who prefer the 460MG for landscape work as I find it a steadier platform to work from, if not quite as ergonomically friendly.

Soldato
OP
yea the height is an issue for me as like you am 6-3 and have difficulty finding a good tripod that doesnt need the center piece to be lifted, the weight on the other hand can be a pain but i can work with it, the Nikon D80 and the assortment of lens that will be used are in the sig \/

Back
Top Bottom