New TV .....what to buy?

Associate
Hi Guys, carrying on from another thread i started......How to add a 4k firestick to old plasma tv that has no hdmi.
I have decided to buy a new tv , probably from RS, as they do 6yr guarantee, probably Samsung..seem to be one of the best?...but what model...I was hoping for something around £500 to £1000...do i really need to spend more?.the wall where tv will hang is 155cm wide....so that size of tv is my limit.
4K Fire stick and freeview box will be my only connections.
Thanks

Soldato
Whilst I am an OLED owner and a big fan of the tech - if you have a really bright room, or direct sun on the TV then I would think carefully about buying one. Also if you watch Sky sports news 24/7 it would not be the right choice either.

Those aside, OLED for me is hands down better and if you can get one for £1k then go for it.

Soldato
Does look good, wonder if it will drop in price over the next couple of weeks, I can wait

I expect it will briefly dip just below £1k soon and then hover around £1100 until new models come out next year when it may drop a bit more. I doubt very much it will go that far below £1k.

Soldato
Actually been looking at the B9 myself the last couple of days. Looks like it's already come down £200 in price to 1099. I'm taking a gamble and buying one tomorrow as I don't think this model will drop any further in price for black Friday sales.

The C9 is a few hundred more if you want the slightly better picture processor.

Permabanned
Actually been looking at the B9 myself the last couple of days. Looks like it's already come down £200 in price to 1099. I'm taking a gamble and buying one tomorrow as I don't think this model will drop any further in price for black Friday sales.

The C9 is a few hundred more if you want the slightly better picture processor.
The B9 has been at £1099 for a while in RS, was keeping an eye on it for a while.

Some good news. Amazon has the B9 in the Black Friday sale with a whopping 39% off :D.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-Electro...p/B07RT1N2W1?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_317126ae_1

Back
Top Bottom