New tyres for 52 plate Astra SXI 1.6 16v

Associate
Hi guys,

I need new tyres on the front wheels. The Dunlops have lasted me over a year so no complaints.
Went to a local garage (highly reputable) and was quoted 125 quid for 2 new Hancook?? tyres inc fitting/balancing

Did some research and they seem to be a decent not too cheap brand. Anyone know any more about them? I have always forked out for decent tyres before (Michellin, Dunlop etc) and as I do 200 miles + per week I need them to last.

Soldato
ive had goodyear eagle F1s on the front of my 52 plate astra for a month and im very impresssed with them, much quieter and have more grip than the continental contisports that were on before.

Cost me £179 (205/50/16) from black circles though so a little expensive.

Associate
OP
daveski said:
ive had goodyear eagle F1s on the front of my 52 plate astra for a month and im very impresssed with them, much quieter and have more grip than the continental contisports that were on before.

Cost me £179 (205/50/16) from black circles though so a little expensive.

Sounds good to me.....How are they for wear etc? Have you had a set on your car before these ones?

Twisty roads over highland hills are the norm for me between home and work.

Soldato
xander_uk2 said:
Sounds good to me.....How are they for wear etc? Have you had a set on your car before these ones?

Twisty roads over highland hills are the norm for me between home and work.

I havent noticed much wear but the car doesnt get used as much as it used to. All I had before were the standard continental tyres and ive found these to be much better, i can go round corners faster and brake later.

We had them fitted by a garage as part of the black circles package, they would have been £10 cheaper direct from that garage though.

Back
Top Bottom