New vehicle time - best time to buy?

Soldato
As per thread title, when is the best time to get a deal on a new/newish vehicle? I guess just before the new registration come out, but what other tips have you?

TIA

Soldato
As per thread title, when is the best time to get a deal on a new/newish vehicle? I guess just before the new registration come out, but what other tips have you?

TIA

I was speaking with one of the Audi salesmen last year about this. Tricky to know the exact dates, but yeah usually before the new reg comes out and the paticular dealers end of quarter.

Dealers get a massive bonus for hitting their targets, so if they are one or two sales off they heavily discount (can even sell at a loss) to secure the bonus.

You want a 68 pre-reg if you are looking now. Remember carwow is around 13-15% off, so you need to be haggling for a lot more.

Associate
Back in the early 2000s they said on top gear that the very end of the year is the best because dealers have to hit some annual targets so they're more desperate to sell. Not sure if that's still the case though

Im not so convinced its as clear cut as it used to be
Ye sthey still have targets, but with most cars built to order and that being some months there is no point rocking up two weeks before quarter end and expecting to spec a new car to your spec.
So your going to need to be able to accept one they have, ie a pre pregistered one. Which are normally ones they have put factory orders in against, assuming they will be able to find a customer for and amend the spec of at a later date.

When i was looking 18 months ago I couldn't get an immediately available one as cheap as a new one. Because the ones they already had they were relying on selling to someone who couldn't wait
There is supposed to be a fair stock of German marques currently that have been help up by WLTP. Whether thats true or not who knows but its the rumour I have seen

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm looking at a pre-reg Renault (only because BMW don't do vans and I can't afford the scene tax for a VW) I'm thinking about leasing, but I do about 25k a year.

Back
Top Bottom