New Voron 2.4 Build

Soldato
Got my parts today and they look fairly decent, rails are silky smooth (Vivedino), branded Sunon Fans, Meanwell PSU, Moons Stepper Motors, Omron SSR, BTT Octopus V1.1 (2 ducks) Premade wiring and E3D V6 hotend.

Now to get building!

Soldato
OP
Formbot kit? I got their V0.1 kit and I was very happy with it.

Where did you get your printed parts?

Good luck with the build.

Got them from Blurolls as they were the cheapest for a full kit including skirts etc. Am very happy so far has gone together very well with no issues and the premade loom means I can spend more time on cable management :D

Soldato
OP
Well I don't recommend Blurolls for printed parts, they fell apart before the printer had even been turned on...

The Afterburner head has signs of melting during printing and lots more flaws I have found on close inspection.

The motor mounts are not only printed with insufficient infill and wall thickness, they were printed in the wrong orientation so the load was all along the layer lines, absolute garbage

Had to reprint the motor mounts in PLA+

The formbot kit is excellent though, very impressed.

Soldato
OP

It's fine as it is in the cooled area of the printer (won't get to over 55 degrees unless the house is burning) and will last long enough to print the new ones in ABS+ or ASA+

It also has a much higher tensile strength than ABS.

Onto wiring now (with the PLA+ parts installed)

Just need to get all the routing sorted then it will be braided, heat shrunk and trunked :D

Associate
Got over 300 hours on it now with the PLA+ motor mounts and still haven't had any problem. Got replacements in ABS+ but have no motivation to change them :cry:

If it ain't broke don't fix it :D

I was told to print my parts for the belt drives z axis in Petg or stronger. I done it in PLA+ and have had many hours printing with no issue.

Associate
Got over 300 hours on it now with the PLA+ motor mounts and still haven't had any problem. Got replacements in ABS+ but have no motivation to change them :cry:

What material are you printing on the printer and for how long on average?

It's not necessarily that PLA+ isn't strong enough, it's that it's glass transition temperature is lower. Voron's were designed as enclosed ABS printers, so 50-60°c enclosure temp, 100+°c bed temp and 250+°c hotend temp. PLA and even PETg will fail quicker than ABS.

Soldato
OP
What material are you printing on the printer and for how long on average?

It's not necessarily that PLA+ isn't strong enough, it's that it's glass transition temperature is lower. Voron's were designed as enclosed ABS printers, so 50-60°c enclosure temp, 100+°c bed temp and 250+°c hotend temp. PLA and even PETg will fail quicker than ABS.

Exclusively Esun ABS+. The Z-Axiz motor mounts are outside the enclosure in the cooled electronics area. I am running 110 bed and 255 hotend. I doubt the motor mounts ever get higher than about 22 degrees celcius.

Associate
Exclusively Esun ABS+. The Z-Axiz motor mounts are outside the enclosure in the cooled electronics area. I am running 110 bed and 255 hotend. I doubt the motor mounts ever get higher than about 22 degrees celcius.

Should be ok then .

How would you rate the kit overall? My formbot V0.1 kit was 98% ok, but they sorted it out.

Soldato
OP
Should be ok then .

How would you rate the kit overall? My formbot V0.1 kit was 98% ok, but they sorted it out.

Honestly I cannot fault the kit in any way. The components were all excellent and the only issues have been caused by the design flaws (front idlers twisting and damaging belts) in the printed parts.

Back
Top Bottom