new VR Game (HL Alyx Mod)

Soldato
Played through this tonight, pretty good fun for what it is. Level isn’t long and the world feels very under utilised, enemy AI is terrible and there’s only one pistol.

That being said, this is the closest I’ve got to feeling like John Wick in VR, and it’s incredibly satisfying walking through double tapping henchmen.

The final section sees you hiding behind a chest high wall fighting a small mob. Again, not much depth, but did feel very cool popping up from cover to fire etc..

If you have Alyx, it’s 100% worth a try, although it did give me sickness whilst Alyx never has.

Permabanned
Good try ! I'm only sticking to fully finished AAA titles on VR now as too much unfinished junk is out there.

Although this addon looks good and Kudos to them for trying and putting out a free addon +1. Other VR devs would release it for £20 and say it is an Early Access :cry:

Soldato
I’ve only tried a VR escape room before. But this looks pretty interesting and I want to low-key try it.
What are some beginner-friendly games that I could start with? I’d love for recommendations.

luckys tale, edge of nowhere, defence grid 2 are some more traditional type of games which, whilst they dont technically need to be in VR, i think are very good in VR.

anything in a cockpit (plane/car/spaceship ) are also incredible in VR and not too hard on vr legs imo. Dirt Rally 2, pcars 2, Assetto Corsa and elite dangerous horizons are superb in VR. all these are pcvr titles

basically most genres are covered now so it more comes down to the types of game you want to play really.

Soldato
Tried this last night, awesome! It's very basic but has so much potential and looks really good as its using the half life engine. Love blind firing round a corner or from behind cover and seeing who i shot in the head haha.

I wish they added a slow mo element to this, i was having some matrix vibes with the gunplay.

Back
Top Bottom