New water build for 1080ti

Associate
Hey guys,

So I've decided im going to change my air setup to water. I just recently got a GTX 1080ti FE

I'm looking to get this water cooling kit

EK-KIT P360 Performance Watercooling Kit
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...0-performance-watercooling-kit-wc-99d-ek.html

And obviously i need to get a water block for the GPU

My case is the Corsair Carbide 540, which i love. Question is, will this be all i need or is there anything im missing?

I only actually wanted to watercool my GPU and im using the Corsair Hydro H100i Liquid CPU Cooler which is doing a good job.

But i guess it probably better just replacing the whole lot.

Associate
Extra compression fittings (2 if you end up with CPU and GPU), distilled water, valve to drain the loop, maybe some 90/45 angled fittings (depending on how you wanna lead tubing to avoind kinks or for looks:)

Associate
OP
Ok so this is what i have so far. Do i need the extra radiator? Surely the one it comes with is enough for CPU 1/GPU. or do i need more incase i go SLI?

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £424.99
(includes shipping: £11.10)

Associate
Ok so this is what i have so far. Do i need the extra radiator? Surely the one it comes with is enough for CPU 1/GPU. or do i need more incase i go SLI?

Total: £424.99
(includes shipping: £11.10)

Probably need some extra fans for the radiator if you don't have any lying around. Then maybe a fan controller to stop it sounding too loud.

Yeah, this gets expensive pretty quickly...:p

Associate
It's two for each part, kit has 6 for cpu, rad, pump/res, for gpu you added 2 and if you want additional rad like above that's why another 2 :)

Associate
OP
Hey Guys,

Ok, after doing a bit more research i think i have everything i need. Can you guys have a look see and tell me if im missing anything. These is for the CPU and 1080ti

Total: £445.66
(includes shipping: £19.80)

Associate
If this is your first time going into watercooling then you will definitely mess up! No way are things going to go smoothly the first time, just like anything in life ;)

Amen.

Does anyone want to buy all my extra fittings haha!

And the wrong sized tube I have. I had so much in and out of my baskets from oc that I ended up ordering a few wrong parts swapping stuff about.

*** removed competitor mention - Armageus ***

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
Ha, so you guys saying i wont get this right first time... im more scared with bricking my new 1080ti!

Nonsense. Just take your time and ask questions if your not sure. I did mine first time using mostly secondhand parts and touch wood apart from one 90 degree elbow having a slow drip it all went smooth. Even added an Aquaeros 5 weeks later to better control things.

You'll be fine it's worth the initial outlay and time it takes to put together when you see the temps :)

Edit don't forget a drain valve to make it easier for future fluid changes.

Associate
OP
Drain valve! Thanks! ! I knew there was stuff missing. Well i won't be ordering till at least Thursday / Friday for Saturday delivery. I have a few days to get my *hit together!

Back
Top Bottom