New water build for 1080ti

Associate
OP
Right, i think im almost there. Do i need a backplate for the 1080ti? Nothing in stock at the moment. Should i get a 360 radiator instead of a 280?

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £547.74
(includes shipping: £0.00)

Soldato
Right, i think im almost there. Do i need a backplate for the 1080ti? Nothing in stock at the moment. Should i get a 360 radiator instead of a 280?

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £547.74
(includes shipping: £0.00)

backplate is worth it as i believe makes direct contact with the back of the card offloading heat

question? what board are you running? couldn't see as EK do make some lovely Mono blocks!!!!

Soldato

You don't NEED a backplate, it makes a slight difference to heat transfer, but aesthetically you will just be looking at a bare circuit board otherwise. Not my cup of tea personally, but up to you.

If your case can take a 360 over a 280 it won't make a HUGE difference either way really. Extra fan MAY make it a tad noisier, all depends what fans you're using and how fast they're running.

Soldato
I did my first custom loop (CPU + GPU) about 6 months ago, and had no issues. Just take your time, and don't rush into it...

I would however recommend ordering a couple of extra rotary fittings just in case you need them. I ended up using a couple more 45° ones instead of the 90° ones.

Associate
OP
I did my first custom loop (CPU + GPU) about 6 months ago, and had no issues. Just take your time, and don't rush into it...

I would however recommend ordering a couple of extra rotary fittings just in case you need them. I ended up using a couple more 45° ones instead of the 90° ones.

what type of rotary fitting what i need with the current kit im ordering? there are loads!

Soldato
what type of rotary fitting what i need with the current kit im ordering? there are loads!

Most should be G1/4 fittings (which is related the thread size). Probably best to stick to the same brand, so these would be the EK 45 and 90 fittings:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-af-angled-90-g1-4-nickel-wc-688-ek.html
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-af-angled-45-g1-4-nickel-wc-689-ek.html

If you're not sure how/where you would use them, you would screw the rotary fitting into either the rads or waterblocks, and then a straight compression fitting would screw into the other end - the pipe would then connect as normal to the compression fitting. If you take a look at my system, I've used the angled fittings to avoid tight bends on the tubing. You should be able to see how the silver compression fittings sit between the rotary and pipe etc:
http://i.imgur.com/bLNdPlc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom