New water build for 1080ti

Associate
I had a drain valve and every time it's going more efficient, quicker as you get more experience, you find your way etc.

I personally stayed away from pastel, no point to get messy while starting with watercooling imo

Associate
OP
I'll have no bloody money left by the time i get enough experience!! To think I'd I want to change the cpu i have to drain the entire thing. Flush it with more water and re-assemble

Associate
Technically you don't have to. You can just undo 4 screws on the cpu block and gently move it on the side, with tubes attached ( I saw jayz2cents on his test bench doing it, I think on the video where he was testing different things as thermal paste:) )

Associate
OP
Ha. But obviously draining it first?

So am i right in thinking to clean it i can just put the drain valve in a bucket and them just keep feeding water into the resovoir?

Associate
Not draining it:)

Not sure how you setup your drain valve. Is it on a separate tube? or fitted to a component? I normally have extra compression fitting attached to a longer tube, which I'm attaching to valve whenever I want to drain, just gives flexibility to drain away from the case.

Associate
OP
I got a y splitter compression fitting coming from the radiator and bunged the drain valve on that... probably wrong.. I'll found out sooner or later!

Associate
May i ask few quesitions;

1. How much louder/quieter going from air to water at idle/gaming load? - i know this is hard to quantify - but try :) lol
2. how much did you spend in the end?

i've wanted to do this for ages but never took the leap of faith so i'm very interested in your reply mate.

cheers

Last edited:
Associate
OP
well im still experimenting. On air i could hear my PC in the background, now its pretty much silent. in gaming its also pretty silent. When i had my 1080ti on air it was like a mini hoover. Now its constantly about 20 > 35 degrees under load.

I just turned the fans off and the system went up only 3 degrees... i guess the radiators are doing their job!

I probably spent about 600 on everything, but this included the block for 1080ti

it can get super expensive

Soldato
ok so i thought id show you the final thing (still need to add come coloured cables, etc)

im quite pleased! needed less to say i ran into about 200 problems and a lot of late nights... i actually did it twice! anyhow, temps are all good, no leaks.. and i added a drain valve!! big mistake i left out on first attempt

pc.jpg

Which case is that? I thought you said earlier it was a 540 but your PSU can be seen there?

Associate
OP
Ha yes! I found the 540 awkward to work with. I also wanted to mount the resovoir in the front. So i started again with the fractal design Define S case. Pleasure to work with.

Associate
OP
I do agree having power supply out of the way is nice. But having a 360 radiator i couldn't put it in the bottom. So it had to go in front, then the 240 was a squeeze at the top. Fractal S is so wide that

Back
Top Bottom