New Windows 10 update has totally messed my PC up

LHM

LHM

Associate
Turned my PC on today and there was a large update. Since the update my colour settings wont save. Now my desktop and games appear REALLY REALLY dark. If I go into Nvidia control panel and just change the brightness or contrast by just 1% it changes dramatically and to how it should look. I click apply and its fine......until I go into a game and it reverts back to being dark again!!! Does anyone have a fix for this?

Associate
If you're using a monitor that's been colour calibrated.
Make sure that "Use my settings for this device" is ticked in "Colour Management".
Just type "Colour Management" after you've clicked the Start button, to see the dialogue box.

My colours got messed up recently, and the above setting had become unticked.
So my ICC Profile didn't load.

Associate
Turned my PC on today and there was a large update. Since the update my colour settings wont save. Now my desktop and games appear REALLY REALLY dark. If I go into Nvidia control panel and just change the brightness or contrast by just 1% it changes dramatically and to how it should look. I click apply and its fine......until I go into a game and it reverts back to being dark again!!! Does anyone have a fix for this?
did you find a solution for this problem?

Caporegime
there is issues with color profiles not loading and nvidia driver issues.also make sure as pointed out above xbox game DVR is turned off.you do that by signing into xbox account option turn off.

Associate
creators updates on fast build are really beta test builds if it was on the fast ring. lots of problems with game mode overlay and nvidia overlays. with certain graphics drivers. roll back usually works and pause updates on fast ring for 7 days then set to pre release. only which after 7 days will try and update again but then just repause it. if your not on fast ring for builds it shouldnt be an issue though.

Back
Top Bottom