New wipers time:Anyone tried Denso Hybrids?

Soldato
I've had Valeo flatblades on the 4007 for about 16 months now and I think its time they were replaced. They have been fine but to be honest I've never yet found a flatblade design which has managed to straddle the line between good performance and longevity. Came across these Denso Hybrid wipers online, they appear to be a cross between a conventional blade and a flatblade in design aesthetics :-

wTRG5.jpg

Anyone tried them?. For a pair - 1x 24" and 1x 20" they are coming in at just over £30 delivered which seems reasonable to me.

Soldato
Not tried them but I'm still using the Alca flatblades that mrk recommended - had them on for over a year and they are still silent and smear free.

Caporegime
Not tried them but I'm still using the Alca flatblades that mrk recommended - had them on for over a year and they are still silent and smear free.

I read his posts on these so ordered two pairs for our cars. They judder and strike the windscreen rubber on both. They smear and are noisy when the wiping action begins. They're crap.

That said I've never known mrk to admit that anything he's bought has been anything other than amazing :D.

Don
When my wipers start to smear, I wash them with a cloth using the suds I'd use to wash the car with. Rinse it off, then use vinegar and a cloth on the blades themselves until it no longer removes dirt from them.

Breathes a lot of life back into them. A set lasts me ~3 years before I reaplce them. But I don't drive that much. Current set are Bosch, fantastic blades, no stuttering or streaking

Associate
1 Year with £6 eBay "Aero" wipers and still perfect.

It's hit and miss though.

Uncle bought some "random" expensive brand and they turned out ****.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I read his posts on these so ordered two pairs for our cars. They judder and strike the windscreen rubber on both. They smear and are noisy when the wiping action begins. They're crap.

That said I've never known mrk to admit that anything he's bought has been anything other than amazing :D.

:confused: If I have a good experience with something I post about it, if I have a bad experience with something, I post about it.

Granted, bad experiences are rare but when they do happen I do bring them to light (Galaxy S3 crap repair service from Samsung, for example).

Anyway, your point makes little sense because clearly other people have bought the Alcas and have had a similar experience as I have.

Shock horror as Robbie G goes against the grain!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I will agree to disagree with some of that. I usually research and choose the option that's best for me and guess what, it ends up being the best option for me :p

On topic, I chose the Alcas having tried many others, branded or otherwise. The Alcas were the best I tried, I posted as such. What is exactly always with the grain with that or anything like that?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Actually the Alcas do have one negative, although it's a completely pointless negative. At highly illegal speeds they don't work very well :p

Back
Top Bottom