1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New World MMO

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by DoniiY, 9 Apr 2020.

1. Chibi28

Associate

Used to do this in Ultima Online. Spent ages chopping trees to get the str stat to go up, only for it to decrease 10 mins later after you stopped lol

2. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Hi all, so I'm just starting out in New World. I'm level 9 and I don't have a Main Line quest? What might I have done wrong? I'm not really sure where I should be going... :confused:

**EDIT** My location appears to be Everfall Settlement

**EDIT2** Ignore me, the lady has one for me now... I was sure I'd checked...

Last edited: 8 Oct 2021
  3. BowdonUK

Soldato

I think because of habit I keep hitting the shift key to run, but my character only jumps forward lol

4. BowdonUK

Soldato

I wonder if this got repaired this morning. Steam updated and it said it was rolling back to the 6th of October version because of the anti cheat problems with some games.

5. Digital X

Sgarrista

Oh I didn't see that, I had the update, new world wouldn't load so off to reddit for a fix. I'd say you're best off using that repair tool. I was a bit hasty and downloaded the dll.

6. Eurofighter

Wise Guy

So did anyone make a clan?

7. Loxa

Wise Guy

Anyone know what was in the 5.4gb patch today?

8. Zenduri

Soldato

Anyone on bifrost?

9. MatsyLR

Mobster

Anyone know how a i5 2500k and 670 SLI would run the game?
    Google isn't much help, just stuff about the game being CPU bound?

10. iamtheoneneo

Capodecina

Your basically hitting minimum specs so probably low settings, maybe some at medium.

11. MatsyLR

Mobster

Probably not going to bother after looking at some youtube videos.
    970 with a much higher end CPU only getting like 40FPS in medium/high with even lower in towns.
    Seems the CPU gets pinned at 100% and the GPU is at around 40-60%.
    I've been able to run whatever I want (with low graphics sometimes) at 60 FPS, but seems that time is gone, can't upgrade due to the stupid GPU prices.

12. Faustinooo

Associate

Watched a few streamers play this and visually it looks amazing.

Anyone play solo? I'm interested in trying it out but none of my friends are into mmo's.

13. Digital X

Sgarrista

Yep I play solo I don't like pvp or any multiplayer games really. I know that sounds a bit stupid as it's an MMO, but I play by myself 99% of the time. Can go at my own pace.

14. BriT

Mobster

Yeah I mainly play solo apart from dungeons then i just team up with a group for that.

15. Chibi28

Associate

Solo here too. Although I have joined a company.

16. Faustinooo

Associate

Thanks guys. I might wait a few weeks for the initial hype to settle down and make sure it's still going strong before I pick it up but that helps. It certainly looks interesting enough to me.

17. hairyfeet

Hitman

Same here. Its because the ones where most of the UK community headed to were locked to new characters by the first weekend after launch.
    Obviously this isn't the fault of players.. you should be able to speak whatever language you are comfortable communicating in, but the poor way they have handled localisation of servers hasn't helped
    Like I can't believe a company that big doesn't understand Europe doesn't just speak 1 language

Just slowly leveling meanwhile and "smelling the grass" while waiting to see how they handle transfers.. near wet myself laughing the other day as I saw something like a pugwash and master mates in one of the towns :)

18. Matty8787

Hitman

Only issue with this is what if many more like you decide hang on it isn't going so strong now I will get something else, but it would have been strong had you joined back then... Go for it.

19. arknor

Caporegime

4670k, 8gb ram, 980ti.

no other game got my cpu so hot, even if I limit the fps to 30 and get 70-90% cpu usage my cpu is still around 55c and that's at stock...

I remember playing RDR2 in the summer with 100% cpu usage at 4ghz and barely being above 52c, in this game at 4ghz my cpu was hitting 60c

This game is more like a burn in test on your CPU, poorly optimised coding or something never seen it in another game.

doesn't seem that bad on my GPU, I've got the power turned down to 56% in afterburner and I still get 60fps easy

20. MatsyLR

Mobster

Its crazy how CPU bottlenecked the game is, there's videos of people with 3090's getting like 60-70 fps.
    I'll have to stick with watching youtube videos for now haha my poor 2500k (overclocks like a champ) wouldn't hold up too well.