New World MMO

Man of Honour
But as said, it's not just because of a fine that they've dropped in value, in fact the fine may have had little effect on the share price.

But any way this is definitely not a stock thread :D

Is anyone still playing or now going to wait unt8l fill release?

I'm not aware of when the slowdown in sales was announced was that today too? The shareprice dropped literally within an hour of the fine being announced. Could be that they announced the sale slowdown at the same time and it was a double whammy.

I'm neither, I'm not still playing (refunded) and I'm not waiting until release. I MAY play in about 6 months time, around the turn of the year, IF they have supported it and developed it further by then (and if the population is still a decent size and hasnt lost too many players) , mainly because whilst some aspects of the game were decent there was simply too much wrong with it for me to get it at this time. I'm taking a wait and see approach and seeing what state its in at the end of the year.

Soldato
As Amazon have today been fined 750m euros for data privacy breaches, they would most likely welcome New World making a hefty sum of money. Even for a giant like Amazon, 750 million is a fair chunk.
750m is a drop in the ocean to Amazon. Sure it’s still a lot of money would never want to lose it. New world will probably a loss leader.
Given the many, many fingers in pies they aren’t going to be desperate to recoup everything through this. I suspect they’ll pump money into this as they can see how lucrative the gaming market can be.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
750m is a drop in the ocean to Amazon. Sure it’s still a lot of money would never want to lose it. New world will probably a loss leader.
Given the many, many fingers in pies they aren’t going to be desperate to recoup everything through this. I suspect they’ll pump money into this as they can see how lucrative the gaming market can be.

Lets hope so because it needs money pumped into it if its going to succeed

Soldato
Can't make my mind up on it, just seems 'ok'. The gear feels and looks very generic and the movement and animations are fairly poor. Outside of that it seems as though they've got a reasonable base for a game but it's more alpha then beta releasing in a month? Can't see it lasting player base wise unless there's some big updates and patches. Fast travel at a 1 hour CD with no mounts is just daft.

Soldato
Haven’t tried it tbh…tempted but also, money can’t solve everything if you can’t get the right guys on the ground building it.

I get what your saying but the other poster was talking about the benefits of additional investment, which usually outweigh the negative. The game doesn't really feel like an MMO in it's current state, or rather from what we've seen.

Associate
New WOrld seems pretty typical for an MMO - it has a lot of mechanics and you can grind a lot. I played for a while with a friend's Early Acces account, many mechanics were incomprehensible to me. I got metal from an anchor before I learned how to make metal. However, in my opinion, New World has a future and if they improve a few things, I will be happy to play in my spare time.

What I like the most about New World right now is the ability to interact with other players. My feeling is as positive as possible and I can see that they have improved a lot in the game itself. I really like the idea of coins as a currency, although I would prefer Coins to have some function other than just for trading.
Currently, however, coins are what is most valuable to players, despite the fact that they cannot be used in any other way.
If you want to buy New World coins, I recommend this marketplace https://odealo.com/games/new-world/coins
prices are low and safety is paramount

Last edited:
Associate
Fast travel at a 1 hour CD with no mounts is just daft.

I think you may be referring to the Inn recall which is on a 1 hour cooldown.

Fast travel exists and I haven't seen a cooldown on it. It does cost resource (Azoth) and you have to visit the locations first before the travel point is usable.

I think this is a fair mechanic and too many people have been spoiled with easy access all mechanics of some MMO's. I remember the early days of DAoC....couldn't afford to buy a horse ticket so had to walk everwyhere. It was the game.

Man of Honour
Dont know if anyone is watching the stream going on at the moment but they've just revealed some stuff thats coming , one interesting thing is an optional monthly subscription, dont know what that includes but sounds maybe like its something akin to the ESO+ subscription?

Man of Honour
New World delayed until end of September

https://twitter.com/playnewworld/status/1422969580394319877/photo/1

Collides a bit with the Diablo 2 release on the 23rd Sept now for me, bah...too many games, not enough time !

Last edited:
Assume that means the closed beta is still closed and not open again for longer.

also hope this means that they've seen some big changes are needed to make this game much better and so have delayed it a month, else i can't see why else they'd need such a delay.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone come across any companies for the casual gamer?

My game time is from 22:00 to 00:00 (UK time) most days so would hope to find a server where that time frame is active.

Associate
Bummer, was quite looking forward to playing this.

Oh well, it'll force me to get through some games I've never touched.
New open beta from the 9th to the 12th if you didn't see already!

Looking forward to jumping in the deep end when this thing launches. **** all else to play til Elden Ring anyway.

Man of Honour
New open beta from the 9th to the 12th if you didn't see already!

Looking forward to jumping in the deep end when this thing launches. **** all else to play til Elden Ring anyway.

Honestly didnt think they would do another beta, I will give it another go but its going to have to be vastly improved compared to the last beta if they are going to convince me to buy it.

Back
Top Bottom