New World MMO

Associate
After playing alpha and beta i wasnt very interested in playing release due to the lack of open world pvp and various other issues with the game.

Severe boredom made me buy it in the end and happy to report I got to lvl 45 and still think its ****

There's no open world pvp in New World? Just press U in town and go get some kills.

Associate
I was finding this game good at the start then extremely boring between levels 25-40, after taking a week or 2 of playing and getting above lvl 40 it seems to be a bit interesting again, im going to get to lvl 60 but ill prob get bored after that because there is nothing to do. If i could go back i probably wouldn't buy the game

Soldato
When you've come from no toggle full open world pvp in alpha, to toggle carebear simulator in beta and release....then it's not really much fun.

I guess that's the unfortunate consequence of them going from a full PvP game to a game trying to push PvE with PvP glued on, but decimated. They must have seen the forecast of earnings for PvE versus PvP and chosen the money I reckon.

Associate
I guess that's the unfortunate consequence of them going from a full PvP game to a game trying to push PvE with PvP glued on, but decimated. They must have seen the forecast of earnings for PvE versus PvP and chosen the money I reckon.

A small percentage of the population complained on the alpha forums that full loot open world pvp was ruining their experience due to ganking and some also complained that they were being spawn camped at the starter area. The change in direction away from full pvp coincided with game director patrick gilmore leaving his post - he was responsible for the direction of New World and was replaced by the current idiot scot lane who for me is responsible for the mess they've released.

Several options were put forward from the community on how to solve the pvp 'issues' but like you said, they followed the money and ignored some perfectly acceptable workarounds.

Associate
Look at Star citizen. A PvP game that's still in early alpha and has made almost 400m.

PvP Is not a dying breed. Crap games are

Star Citizen is a different type of MMO PvP to what New World and WoW and such are like.

Looking at Discord there were at a push 15K hardcore PvP players. If we really push the boat out and assume that was a small sample of hardcore PvP players you're still pushed to get 100K. You can't build studios and release games on 100K sales.

There just isn't enough customer base to develop purely PvP MMO's unless something truly special comes out to convert the casuals.

Soldato
Look at Star citizen. A PvP game that's still in early alpha and has made almost 400m.

PvP Is not a dying breed. Crap games are
3.15 is due to bring in medical gameplay, and losing your stuff when you die. It'll be interesting to see how long the second bit lasts, doesn't sound very fun to me

Soldato
Last three Saturday peaks - 680, 586 and, 486,000. Still a ton of players but that's some dropoff.

Monday to Tuesday peak fell by 15%. 2nd largest daily drop so far, and the largest daily drop previously was 16% and that was more understandable as it was a Sunday-Monday timeframe.

Soldato
Last three Saturday peaks - 680, 586 and, 486,000. Still a ton of players but that's some dropoff.

Monday to Tuesday peak fell by 15%. 2nd largest daily drop so far, and the largest daily drop previously was 16% and that was more understandable as it was a Sunday-Monday timeframe.
What was the drop when wow or guild wars 2 came out?

Basically a mmo can't be judged over the first month...

Wait one year and then see

Back
Top Bottom