New World MMO

Soldato
There wasn't a drop in numbers with wow? They were constantly adding new servers throughout vanilla and tbc, judging if a mmo is a failure or not is tricky, especially btp ones but a drop off of nearly half the players doesn't bode well for the long term survivability of new world though. They really need to get a road map of what they are going to be doing for players who have either hit end cap or will do in the very near future.

Associate
Wow was always pay to play though, new worlds problem is it isn't a good enough game to justify paying for, lvl 60s are the ones leaving as half the game is either incomplete (pve) disabled (outpost rush) or not enough fun to justify the pure grind to get your 'watermark' score up to get better gear drops.

Associate

This is madness. I cant believe its been designed in this way. Once again highlights Amazons naivety in online gaming design.

What an annoyingly pompous goit.
It's a stupid glitch for sure, but realistically how useful is that for anyone to use? It certainly seems less 'game breaking' than the boss xp farming glitch that seems to have been patched out.

Man of Honour
It's a stupid glitch for sure, but realistically how useful is that for anyone to use? It certainly seems less 'game breaking' than the boss xp farming glitch that seems to have been patched out.

Its certainly got its uses, apparently its one of the ways that you can dupe gold. Also in PvP it means that you could make yourself invincible when low on health so that other teammates can attack the enemy players and you stay alive by doing this. Also means that you can be healed by other players whilst you are "paused" and then just unpause when they tell you that you are now on full health. Its frankly ludicrous and I suspect its just the tip of what will eventually be discovered can be done client side and the thing is that again, this is online gaming 101. This should never have even been an issue and thats probably the more worrying thing to me, I keep seeing things implemented in a way which anyone with any sort of experience in online gaming design should have known wouldnt be a good idea to implement.

Soldato
Unbelievable, it's amazing how badly coded this game is

You know full well that folks will have figured out how to use this to farm content they shouldnt be able to, people love an exploit

Associate
Mmkay, many more uses than I had considered then and it'll probably find more in no time.
Luckily i'm pretty bored of the game already so I'll likely be checking out soon anyway.

Soldato

It's basically the same as handing your car keys over to a local chav and returning in a hour expecting your car to still be there.

Soldato
More like the accountants said , PVP ain't going to make money, PVE is, bolt on PVE...

This is the reality though, hardcore PvP MMO's are so hard to get right, or are quite niche (EVE), and even harder to sustain long-term. Add to that, a large percentage of the MMO audience aren't interested in PvP at all.

Current top MMO? FFXIV - PvP in that game? - No-one cares.

Back
Top Bottom