• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New World still killing GPUs? Jaytwocentz vs Amazon part2

V F

V F

Soldato
When I watched that last night I thought it was pretty vague. Look where that Zotac is smoking, it makes no sense.

V F

V F

Soldato
How can a game trigger it? What on earth is it doing to the card. Nobody explains what it is doing except software can kill cards as he spoke of the Furmark warnings.

If there was a weakness in the manufacturing surely other games would have triggered it? I'm just trying to understand it but nobody goes into expertise finding. It's personal theories.

Associate
It makes money for him aka clickbait.

The way a card can die is to heat and not cooled enough aka fans not spinning up.
add some bad solders, a card pushed on high wattage aka nvidias 3000 serie and you can have an issue with any game.
Like any hardware, age and heat is a common issue.

That guy just runs conspiracy theories clickbait's for 12 year old's.
Draws people in and make him money.

Soldato
He's become pure clickbait, no idea what to do with the channel and never ending shilling for EVGA. Also all the linus channels are becoming nothing but adverts ( 2min content with 2 mins ads for every small video) and clickbait rubbish, funny yesterday I must have deleted like 20 channels from youtube with nothing but sponored ads and shilling. Youtube has just become utter rubbish with people like him and Steve at nexus is also becoming a royal pain too with his content that is now nothing but lets create drama for clicks or reviewing rubbish just to make it look like hes found something that no one else knows. Don't even get me started on hardware unboxed too. The whole techtubers thing is nothing more than sponsored ads now and them shilling for free products and clicks from these free products.

Just check the channels from how they were to what they are now, all of them have become nothing but drama queens for clicks or ads pretending to be a review or information.

Level1Techs is the only channel now that is doing real content.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have to disagree about Steve at Gamers Nexus. He has clear methodology on testing and brings to light some of the crap manufacturers think they can get away with and also praised when they get it right. He is pretty much the definition of impartiality when it comes to testing things and not taking sponsor money. I completely agree about linus etc so I only watch that for entertainment. Hardware unboxed I find hit and miss but you have to admit they do know how to test a damn monitor.

Soldato
AGree, remember when he got the 2nd ryzens and claimed they were rubbish because he tried to put through a voltage they weren't designed for? Oooh look, 7nm - lets apply 14nm voltages. Then pointed at it and said it didn't work - almost a ryan shrout impression. :D

At the end of the day, like all reality stuff, to make it clicky they try and be controversial or highlight something that isn't there. It's just sales. And they've all got multiple channels now too. Jack of all, master of none.

V F

V F

Soldato
He's become pure clickbait, no idea what to do with the channel and never ending shilling for EVGA. Also all the linus channels are becoming nothing but adverts ( 2min content with 2 mins ads for every small video) and clickbait rubbish, funny yesterday I must have deleted like 20 channels from youtube with nothing but sponored ads and shilling. Youtube has just become utter rubbish with people like him and Steve at nexus is also becoming a royal pain too with his content that is now nothing but lets create drama for clicks or reviewing rubbish just to make it look like hes found something that no one else knows. Don't even get me started on hardware unboxed too. The whole techtubers thing is nothing more than sponsored ads now and them shilling for free products and clicks from these free products.

Just check the channels from how they were to what they are now, all of them have become nothing but drama queens for clicks or ads pretending to be a review or information.

Level1Techs is the only channel now that is doing real content.

I remember Hardware Unboxing listing my monitor more or less junk status when they reviewed it. Yet many gamers spoke of how they never encountered the issues Hardware Unboxed supposedly spoke of.

Then I've seen many comment about Jay how he never covers water cooling topics the same anymore like he did many many years ago. It's always about something broken, a flaw, a fault, something for a bit of drama and reaction. I also remember how different Jay was just before and after he got 1 million followers on Youtube. He's a totally different person to then and now with sponsors, recognition, free stuff and lots of money.

Linus I used to enjoy many many years ago going far back as 2017? Then I could no longer take to his personality, some of his co-hosts, the over the top dramatics. All the little things became so annoying then I had to unsubscribe.

I've never been subscribed to Hardware Unboxed but I've also found them to a degree annoying. Everything these days is started to turn into 6 hours through the night of shopping channel ads.

I don't know what it is, I can take to Steve at Gamers Nexus but I'm seeing slowly a change in his character with more employees, sponsors and revenue. Though at least with Steve and Co, they start diagnosing with equipment rather than sitting at a desk coming up with car theories.

I don't know if it is getting older or so many of these tech Youtubers are honestly becoming really annoying these days. At least Steve is thorough with his colleagues when they go through massive lengths trying to find and recreate the fault to find out what actually happened.

Caporegime
Jay is ok, but not more than ok, he does post some actually useful videos.

Steve Burke is still quite good, i don't watch Linus anymore because he doesn't make videos about anything that costs less than $5,000.

Hardware Unboxed, i have gone off them, they hate anything that costs more than $200, which by its self: yeah ok whatever.... but the problem with them is they have a predetermined editorial direction where nothing costing more than $200 can be better.

I'm exaggerating, a bit as you can't do that with screens or GPU's but where they can they do, like "the 9900K is only 6% faster in games than the Ryzen 3600" which is absurd but the way they test these CPU's results that, its easy to do, just find a game or a part of the game where the GPU is doing all the work, which is exactly what they do and its very deliberate to get the results that suit their editorial.

Maybe Steve just hates Intel? He has been accused of this, a lot, and looking at the way he does his reviews who can blame people for thinking that, but no, that's not it.

The 3600 at the time was a favourite of his because it was under $200, he didn't like the 900K because its cost $400, and then AMD brought the 5600X out and jacked the price up to well over $200, so what did he do, he compared the 3600 to the 5600X, declared them the same performance and concluded AMD had no right to jack the price up.

The fist slide is from that video and is his evidence for his reasoning, the second slide is from Steve Burke, the same canned in game benchmark, notice the 3600 in the HUB slide at 212 FPS, the 5600X 228 FPS, then look at Steve Burke's slide, 3600 216 FPS, the same, right so now look at the 5600X in Steve Burke's slide, 320, a massive 49% difference.

HUB CPU gaming performance reviews are utterly useless, they are GPU benchmarks, nothing to do with the CPU. Because his editorial theme is any CPU more than $200 is no better.

bKycQcc.png

YbkeDDn.png

V F

V F

Soldato
Steve Burke is still quite good, i don't watch Linus anymore because he doesn't make videos about anything that costs less than $5,000.

Linus in a way reminds me of that iJustine. Hype, dramatic hype, lovie lovie, love love behaviour. Like watching really bad actors trying to make their way in through the doors of extreme fame.

Soldato
Linus in a way reminds me of that iJustine. Hype, dramatic hype, lovie lovie, love love behaviour. Like watching really bad actors trying to make their way in through the doors of extreme fame.

Sad thing is he copied some of her stupidity and other silly channels like hers, I never understood why anyone would watch her channel if they were into tech. She has no idea what shes talking about 99.99% of the time unless shes reading the details of a site.

Soldato
OP
Sad thing is he copied some of her stupidity and other silly channels like hers, I never understood why anyone would watch her channel if they were into tech. She has no idea what shes talking about 99.99% of the time unless shes reading the details of a site.

she is the female version of Austin Evans

clearly there is a market for a "I like tech but I'm not a nerd so don't bore me with specifics" viewerbase otherwise Austin Evans wouldn't have any subscribers and iJustine essentially picks up all the female viewers who would otherwise watch Evans

Soldato
OP
Jay is ok, but not more than ok, he does post some actually useful videos.

Hardware Unboxed, i have gone off them, they hate anything that costs more than $200, which by its self: yeah ok whatever.... but the problem with them is they have a predetermined editorial direction where nothing costing more than $200 can be better.

I'm exaggerating, a bit as you can't do that with screens or GPU's but where they can they do, like "the 9900K is only 6% faster in games than the Ryzen 3600" which is absurd but the way they test these CPU's results that, its easy to do, just find a game or a part of the game where the GPU is doing all the work, which is exactly what they do and its very deliberate to get the results that suit their editorial.

Maybe Steve just hates Intel? He has been accused of this, a lot, and looking at the way he does his reviews who can blame people for thinking that, but no, that's not it.

The 3600 at the time was a favourite of his because it was under $200, he didn't like the 900K because its cost $400, and then AMD brought the 5600X out and jacked the price up to well over $200, so what did he do, he compared the 3600 to the 5600X, declared them the same performance and concluded AMD had no right to jack the price up.

The fist slide is from that video and is his evidence for his reasoning, the second slide is from Steve Burke, the same canned in game benchmark, notice the 3600 in the HUB slide at 212 FPS, the 5600X 228 FPS, then look at Steve Burke's slide, 3600 216 FPS, the same, right so now look at the 5600X in Steve Burke's slide, 320, a massive 49% difference.

HUB CPU gaming performance reviews are utterly useless, they are GPU benchmarks, nothing to do with the CPU. Because his editorial theme is any CPU more than $200 is no better.

bKycQcc.png

YbkeDDn.png

Well said, I've mentioned my previous distaste for HUB's editorial direction and for quite some time I just avoided any benchmarks they poste because I already knew the result - it's quite interesting how we can predict the benchmark result of new hardware once you know what HUB's editorial goals are for massaging the data.

HUB wasn't always like this, they changed about 3 or 4 years ago after they started doing market research on their subscribers and found that most of their subscribers were only interested in entry level hardware - since them all their reviews have basically been: entry level pc parts = good, mid range and high pc parts = bad

Soldato
Well said, I've mentioned my previous distaste for HUB's editorial direction and for quite some time I just avoided any benchmarks they poste because I already knew the result - it's quite interesting how we can predict the benchmark result of new hardware once you know what HUB's editorial goals are for massaging the data.

HUB wasn't always like this, they changed about 3 or 4 years ago after they started doing market research on their subscribers and found that most of their subscribers were only interested in entry level hardware - since them all their reviews have basically been: entry level pc parts = good, mid range and high pc parts = bad
So your ok posting digitial shilleries benchies as `god like` but not others then. Ok.

Back
Top Bottom