New Xbox Gamertag naming system

Caporegime
https://social.xbox.com/en-gb/changegamertag

Today, we’re unveiling a new display option for gamertags, as well as support for new alphabets. Both of which will make it easier for gamers around the world to identify themselves.

Let’s start with expanded choice to build a new gamertag using 10 new worldwide alphabets. The current Xbox community spans across the world. With this change, new gamertags will support over 200 commonly spoken languages so more gamers can express themselves in their chosen language – you could be “SeñorBúho#5405” or even “닥터 부엉이#1882.” Newly supported character sets include:

• Basic Latin
  • Latin-1 Supplement
  • Hangul
  • Katakana
  • Hiragana
  • CJK Symbols for languages in China, Japan, and Korea
  • Bengali
  • Devanagari
  • Cyrillic
  • Thai
Next up is the new display option. Gamers can now choose a gamertag of their liking, even if that name is already taken by someone else. If the gamertag you want has already been taken by another user, Xbox will now auto-assign an ID suffix of numbers after a #-symbol to keep everybody unique, so there’s never any question about who’s who. We’ll even change the suffix font size to keep the focus on the name you chose. For example, if you want to be “Doctor Hoot,” and it’s already taken, you could now be assigned “Doctor Hoot#1056.”

Games are currently required to show the suffix while you play. You will also see the suffix in out-of-game experiences like the console UI or Xbox Game Bar so each player has a unique, visible identity while still representing themselves the way they want.

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06...th-new-gamertag-features/#DSaVVwxTG1REOQj7.99

Last edited:
Soldato
No, I'm in the PlayStation ecosystem at the moment. I do have a gamertag from when I had an Xbox but I'm going to create a new gamertag for next-gen.

Cool, not been on my PS4 for ages, boxed it up for now, as much as I want to play some of the exclusives, I just don't get the time to play them all.

Caporegime
OP
I seem to spend all my days reading about games rather than playing them. My backlog is HUGE. I'm not buying anything else now until Cyberpunk next year, it's ridiculous.

Soldato
I seem to spend all my days reading about games rather than playing them. My backlog is HUGE. I'm not buying anything else now until Cyberpunk next year, it's ridiculous.

Same, actually I do get time to play, that was a lie. I just like to save my money a bit more and I think game pass is a great way of doing that.

Back
Top Bottom