New Zealand Killer Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
People pay money to go watch that in the cinema, how is it any different watching a real massacre as opposed to a movie massacre which are generally way more graphic than reality

This is fine but don't dare show reality, no, you must be sick in the head to want look at something real over fantasy

It's massively different! One is people acting, you're brain knows that whilst watching it. If they were real deaths it would be a snuff movie!

The other is consciously watching real people being murdered.

Soldato
I hope that they do away with live streaming on Youtube without a 30-60 minute delay. It can only be nutjobs like this fella that want to livestream without any delay. I stand to be corrected, but what is the absolute business case for immediate streaming.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with yer Google, so Google that yourself. It's all over the news, supposedly...!!

Of course I ******* know which one. It's called being blatantly sarcastic and mildly smart.
Are you going to keep up the pretence that you had no idea, or will you switch tack and try to blame me for your mis-step?
no mis-step on my part. you clearly asked which of the several Bloody Sundays. i don't see anything in your posting to suggest it was sarcasm and it certainly wasn't mildly smart.

Soldato
I stand to be corrected, but what is the absolute business case for immediate streaming.
Go watch some camgirl websites. Then we'll talk.... ;)

In addition, chatting live with various YouTube personalities as they game, review products, or whatever they do, is obviously a thing... kinda like live TV when that gets interactive, but without needing to phone a premium rate number to decide an outcome, and without putting money in Simon Cowell's pocket.
I've seen a couple of cabinetry videos where the guy live-streams lessons on complex joints and the like, so questions and remarks that can be answered there and then are obviously a benefit. Same for things like The Wan Show (I imagine, since I've never actually seen one) and big product releases, like Nvidia cards or something, I guess. My old drum teacher even does live online lessons.

no mis-step on my part. you clearly asked which of the several Bloody Sundays. i don't see anything in your posting to suggest it was sarcasm and it certainly wasn't mildly smart.
Yes, I CLEARLY asked. My command of the English language is indeed so good that you clearly comprehended that part. The part you missed, the context, from which the sarcasm derives, should have been obvious to you then, if not now I've had to actually explain the joke, but your sense of humour seems to be as broken as your Google. My only fault is in presuming everyone else knew there was more than just the obvious one (for those in the UK, at least), though you seem very keen on continuing to gloss over that.

Soldato
Yes, I CLEARLY asked. My command of the English language is indeed so good that you clearly comprehended that part. The part you missed, the context, from which the sarcasm derives, should have been obvious to you then, if not now I've had to actually explain the joke, but your sense of humour seems to be as broken as your Google. My only fault is in presuming everyone else knew there was more than just the obvious one (for those in the UK, at least), though you seem very keen on continuing to gloss over that.
i'm not keen on anything, no idea where you got that from. i'm more curious why your now going way off in all sorts of 'spin'/waffle/whatever you want to call it.....is me questioning your post upsetting you? genuine apologies if that is the case. i read your original Bloody Sunday post and could see no obvious comedic, or sarcastic clues so was looking for clarification as to which other Bloody Sunday event you could possible be trying to mix it up with. can you highlight the specific part of your post that contains the obvious sarcasm or 'wildly smart' bit - i just can't seem to get it, no matter how many times i read your original reply.

I'll actually post the entire conversation - maybe that might help (this is for me rather than you - might help me see what i'm missing! - edit: nope, no matter how many times i read the below i just don't get it)
I don't recall that many mass killings happening in the 1940s, 50s, 60s or 70s, really... even with things like Vietnam and The Troubles going on.
so you stated that you don't recall many mass killings and even reference the Troubles, yup?

Bloody Sunday is being widely covered in the news right now.
Huddy replies with the above, yup?

all very sensible so far, yup?

Which one?
There have been several "Bloody Sunday"s since 1940...
then you reply with the above, which seems to me to be devoid of sarcasm, wit or banter. which made me question your reason for posting it. i genuinely do apologies if you were just having a tongue in cheek moment.

but you already said you couldn't recall many mass killings, one is pointed out - one related to the Troubles and which has had quite a bit of media coverage lately but you still respond with your 'which one' reply. that's not sarcasm, wit or whatever else you want to call it - just doesn't make sense, at least to me. but as i've said a few times now, my apologies if i have just missed the underlying tone of your post.

Soldato
I hope that they do away with live streaming on Youtube without a 30-60 minute delay. It can only be nutjobs like this fella that want to livestream without any delay. I stand to be corrected, but what is the absolute business case for immediate streaming.

Uh....what?! Livestreaming allows you to interact with your audience, what on earth makes you think it only appeals to people who want to commit mass-murder?

Caporegime
It seems Australian ISPs have started blocking 4chan, 8chan, ZeroHedge, Live Leak, etc... What a lovely descent into mass censorship. Give it a decade and everything they don't want you to see will be completely restricted. Brave New World indeed.

Soldato
i'm not keen on anything, no idea where you got that from.
The fact that you're banging on about a throwaway remark, like it's some sort of personal mission for you, maybe.........?

i'm more curious why your now going way off in all sorts of 'spin'/waffle/whatever you want to call it.....
Did you not want your question answered, then?

is me questioning your post upsetting you?
I'm not upset in the slightest. A touch perplexed by your deep obssession over it, perhaps... and maaaaaaaaaaaaybe a slight suspicion of some attempt to conceal an ulterior motive, or agenda... but definitely no upset.

i read your original Bloody Sunday post and could see no obvious comedic, or sarcastic clues so was looking for clarification as to which other Bloody Sunday event you could possible be trying to mix it up with.
It's usually no longer funny when you have to explain the joke...

can you highlight the specific part of your post that contains the obvious sarcasm or 'wildly smart' bit - i just can't seem to get it, no matter how many times i read your original reply.
If you don't get it, that's your problem.

so you stated that you don't recall many mass killings and even reference the Troubles, yup?
Well, if you say so. I'm not sure how else you think I might answer that, really, it being obviously my own words...

Huddy replies with the above, yup?
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees................

all very sensible so far, yup?
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees................

then you reply with the above, which seems to me to be devoid of sarcasm, wit or banter. which made me question your reason for posting it. i genuinely do apologies if you were just having a tongue in cheek moment.
The fact that I had already mentioned The Troubles should clue you in to the suggestion that I already know about Bloody Sunday. The response therefore is ironic, ie, "a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result". The sarcasm follows as, "the use of irony to mock or convey contempt", resulting in the context providing the wit. The fact that I provided that little factoid of there being several different incidents with the same name is what finishes it off into a little banter.
Apologise away...

but you already said you couldn't recall many mass killings, one is pointed out - one related to the Troubles
One?
ONE.
I said I could not recall many, before lending that the context of mostly single figures per year during the years I mentioned, compared to today which is in some cases as high as three figures per year, thus quantifying many.

and which has had quite a bit of media coverage lately but you still respond with your 'which one' reply. that's not sarcasm, wit or whatever else you want to call it -
I don't pay that much attention to the media these days, else I'd never get anything done with all the **** happening in the world. I am aware of the BS prosecutions, although they've been on the cards and periodically popping up far longer than what I'd call 'recent', given the decade-long investigation a few years ago. I perhaps hear a little more about it than those who only watch Sky News, though.
But in the full knowledge of which he meant, and my presumtion that Huddy also knew I knew, that does make it sarcasm... Possibly with a touch of facetious smartassery in the banter part.

just doesn't make sense, at least to me. but as i've said a few times now, my apologies if i have just missed the underlying tone of your post.
I don't know how else to explain it without sounding like I'm ripping into you personally. If you still don't get it, just ignore it and move on.

Caporegime

Well the same as that for live TV.

Soldato
I woke up that morning to the Mrs telling me about it in bed and by lunchtime I had saw the videos in work off someones Whatsapp group.

To me it was like watching someone play CSGO with weapon skins, didn't feel real that it was so easy to go in and kill so many people. I also wondered why he was able to walk around the streets outside for a good 15 minutes I think it was and then drive away from the scene. I'd hope armed response would have a bullet in his head if that was in this country.

I don't have kids but I would not want them to see it which would be hard to do in a school playground I imagine.

I remember seeing the video of the Russian guy who was being stabbed and all sorts by two guys years ago and that has stuck with me.
I remember that Russian video, was probably the worst thing I've ever seen, you're right in what you say, the NZ one almost didn't feel real in comparison.

I read somewhere that it took the police 36 minutes to respond, pretty shocking response time.

Soldato
It seems Australian ISPs have started blocking 4chan, 8chan, ZeroHedge, Live Leak, etc... What a lovely descent into mass censorship. Give it a decade and everything they don't want you to see will be completely restricted. Brave New World indeed.

Hmm, well I guess this is the envitable outcome from all this. I would happily rewind to the early 90's, life was so much better then.

Soldato
Looking at the content available to watch on netflix etc, its mostly violent stuff on there. There is definetly a trend
People have been baying for blood for many centuries. Real or staged, look at all the deaths in plays and all the gladiator fights, **** fighting, bull baiting, bear fights, dog fights, boxing... Look at all the crash compilations and videos of people being seriously injured doing stupid stuff on YouTube, all the 'real fights' videos and even whole shows like COPS dedicated to conflict and altercations.

People are nasty, vicious, bloodthirsty little ******* and very quickly inured to such imagery.

Saw this on my travels, as well: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-19/sky-news-christchurch-mosque-shooting-live-stream/10912844

Caporegime

Yeah that seems to be a bit of a knee jerk reaction, though live leak have said they'll remove the video:

https://www.9news.com.au/2019/03/19/16/47/telcos-block-access-to-4chan-********

******** said in a statement it would not carry the video filmed by "the psychopath who murdered 49 innocent people in New Zealand" and continue to remove it whenever it is discovered.

"Whilst we may carry media showing the most terrible of events we don't want to be a vehicle of choice for those who carry these events out. This is a very important distinction for us," it said.

They weren't the "vehicle of choice" AFAIK Facebook was and it was apparently then reposted on youtube and ********???

edit - it seems the name of the website is censored???

Soldato
I have to agree with the ban and distribution of the video.

For me it’s like those people whoencourage suicide online, taking advantage of the vulnerable.

Yea, I agree. I don't think many people will have a problem with it being taken down, it's clearly the sensible thing to do.

Soldato
Did you not want your question answered, then?
you've already answered, took a while but you finally did answer. don't know why you couldn't have just answered when i first asked, unless of course it's taken this long to concoct your actual answer :p
I'm not upset in the slightest. A touch perplexed by your deep obssession over it, perhaps... and maaaaaaaaaaaaybe a slight suspicion of some attempt to conceal an ulterior motive, or agenda... but definitely no upset.
i am interested to know, though, what ulterior motive or agenda i may have?! you've really confused me now. or else i fear i may have caused you confusion .......i saw an odd reply....facetious, possibly. stupid, maybe. confusing to me, definitel. I questioned it and was met by a weird attempt at deflection and defence which finally after much bullpoopery i was able to decipher. no agenda or ulterior motive. much confusion though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom