*Next FIFA league, thoughs and opinions please*

You keep the team yeah when the new leagues are created, thats promotion and relegation for ya :)

Your sitting comfortably in midtable now anyway!

Maybe we'll keep knocking it down a star for each league :)

I thought we'd be randomizing the teams again when we change the leagues about??

FC Nurnburg really are rubbish!!

I thought we'd be randomizing the teams again when we change the leagues about??

FC Nurnburg really are rubbish!!

But why? You get promoted/relegated with that team. I don't know why we should change. I suppose if people are gonna moan about their teams though we'll have to change it, just seems ridiculous in my eyes. People will say I'm only saying this as I'm doing alright but I'd honestly say the same otherwise.

We're all 4 star teams, people need to remember that ;)

I have ireland which are pretty decent as a first team, but have nothing in reserve should i wish to change things, Anthony Stokes and Liam Millar are my best options on the bench, i have Ireland from Man City as well, but i refuse to play him after he pulled that whole "my granny is dead" stunt a few months ago :P

But why? You get promoted/relegated with that team. I don't know why we should change. I suppose if people are gonna moan about their teams though we'll have to change it, just seems ridiculous in my eyes. People will say I'm only saying this as I'm doing alright but I'd honestly say the same otherwise.

We're all 4 star teams, people need to remember that ;)

I would much prefer to change teams with each league that is created to mix it up a bit rather than playing with the same team for 3 or 4 leagues on the trot.

They are all 4* yes but some teams do have stronger players/squads than others still.

I would much prefer to change teams with each league that is created to mix it up a bit rather than playing with the same team for 3 or 4 leagues on the trot.

They are all 4* yes but some teams do have stronger players/squads than others still.

The whole point with having the two leagues was to make up for not playing 19 games like last time. In theory it is just like on ebig league your playing.

Personally, I don't have an opinion on the team issue. I got lumbered with Sporting, not my first choice and probably still wouldn't choose them again, but hey if I went up with them, I would want to stay with them.

However, that said, I can appreciate some people wanting to change sides because the team they are lumbered with dont suit their style of play. Last night I played Andy (he beat me because he is better than me anyway) but on the stats page, he was superior to me in all positions.

If there was an option to allow us to trade/buy players throughout the seasons then I would be all up for sticking with the teams we have, as we could simply build them the way we want. However, EA have not implemented this, so it isnt an option.

If we do decide to change teams, then I suggest that we keep the sides in the divisions they are in, and when the promotion/relegation occurs we reselect our new teams using the clubs that are assigned to League A or B.

For Example. All the teams in League B currently, will stay there, only the player will move divisions, and then a team redraw occurs. That way, if you get promoted, you have no chance of being the same side.

Or we choose a league, completely at random (the MLS example) and randomly select the sides so no-one has any control over it, but this way we run the risk of being a 1* team against a 5* team.

There is no fairer way to choose teams than what we have already other than everyone playing as the same team, which kind of defeats the object of the game.

Personally, I would be all up for playing as whatever team we liked, providing we removed the 5* rated teams (assuming Barca, Real, Man U et al) are all 5* teams.

The whole point with having the two leagues was to make up for not playing 19 games like last time. In theory it is just like on ebig league your playing.

I see so we'll be starting a new league from a fresh (with new teams) after we have been promoted/relegated once? If that's the case then that sounds fine.

Or will we be running with these teams indefinitely?

I see so we'll be starting a new league from a fresh (with new teams) after we have been promoted/relegated once? If that's the case then that sounds fine.

Or will we be running with these teams indefinitely?

At present, the agreed decision is to keep the same teams going, however, there is a huge call for a complete refresh at the end of the season.

Im against a total refresh of teams to be honest. No matter how we do it, everyone is always going to say that their team isnt as strong as someone elses team.

Im against a total refresh of teams to be honest. No matter how we do it, everyone is always going to say that their team isnt as strong as someone elses team.

In that case, mixing it up is the best approach.

If we're not doing promotion/relegation, and we're having an American Style "playoffs" as an end tournament, I'd say there isn't an issue to holding onto your team. Therefore we can do a full redraw of teams, players and leagues each season, ensuring it's totally "fair."

Just as a side note, the end tournament could be as follows.

Top 4 from each league,

#1 League A vs #4 League B
#2 League A vs #3 League B

#3 League A vs #2 League B
#1 League A vs #4 League B

So on and so forth. Not american style, but keeps things interesting.

Last edited:
stop moaning about who you have, it was completly random all the teams are equal stared, deal with it.

ive never even heard of my team, its only a bit of fun.

when the relegations/promotions happen, you stick with your team, if were starting a completly new league then you should get a new team.

stop moaning about who you have, it was completly random all the teams are equal stared, deal with it.

ive never even heard of my team, its only a bit of fun.

when the relegations/promotions happen, you stick with your team, if were starting a completly new league then you should get a new team.

I'd agree with you, but you changed name and snook in :(

That would be a great feature :)

Might get complicated though. Something for 09? ;)

It is a shame it isn't a feature, you would have thought that EA would make this available, as they do hold all the licences, so it wouldn't cause any problems.

On the subject of the league, I am liking the play off option by aeT.

My vote is to keep the teams we are currently with, even though mine are tripe they still have the most amazing striker!!!

Back
Top Bottom