Nexus 4 - no option to update to 4.4.3

Associate
I purchased a Nexus 4 a few months ago for my work phone. It's been and is working fine although I am interested to find that when attempting to do an update it tells me I am already running the latest release. Any ideas?

I kinda get the feeling the previous owner might have flashed a stock version on after selling it and cocked something up hence there being no update found?

Associate
OP
I've ran root checker and can confirm there is no root access. I was hoping to see if we can find out why it won't OTA update before flashing. I'll try XDA ta.

Man of Honour
It can sometimes take a while for OTA updates to come through so there may be nothing wrong with the FW on the device, try clearing the Google Framework data from settings > apps and then check again.

Soldato
I got fed up waiting when the original KitKat OTA was announced, it took 4 weeks still nowt, so I found it on Android central and flashed it!, then the minor update came through the next day! :D

I'm still waiting for my Nexus 7 (2012) Wi-Fi to come through!, But my Nexus 4 came through the day after the announcement this time! :)

Soldato
I actually looked into this as a colleague was moaning my N5 had been updated but his N4 hadn't.

Google only stated that Nexus devices are only guaranteed the update AT ALL for 18 months after initial release of the handset. Since the N4 was released in Nov 2012, 19 months ago, you may get the update but there are no promises as to when since it's outside the guarantee window.

Soldato
I actually looked into this as a colleague was moaning my N5 had been updated but his N4 hadn't.

Google only stated that Nexus devices are only guaranteed the update AT ALL for 18 months after initial release of the handset. Since the N4 was released in Nov 2012, 19 months ago, you may get the update but there are no promises as to when since it's outside the guarantee window.

:confused:

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#occam

Soldato
It's perfectly normal, Google does staged rollouts so if there's any major bugs they can stop the update and only a few people will be affected instead of everyone. It usually takes a few weeks before it's avaliable for everyone.

Associate
OP
It updated this morning :)

It was odd it also showed the update on Monday night. After downloading it just went back to showing no update available. I reboot and nothing happened.

This morning though there was an icon in the notification bar which worked and let me download the update. Fully on 4.4.3 now, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom