Nexus 7 or 10?

Soldato
Hi guys, need some help deciding on which for christmas!

Basically, my Macbook has died recently, and can't be bothered to fix it currently due to costs being worth more then it's really worth now.

I like to browse a lot, and would take it around the house a lot, to watch TV, browse forums etc. Good battery life would be nice as i'm away from a charger for quite some time. I game occasionally but tend to use my phones for this when out and about.

What would be better value for money?

Getting the Nexus 4 to match one of these.

Cheers!

Soldato
I have the 7 and the Mrs has a Xoom which is 10".

I much prefer the Nexus for its portability, its easily grippable in one hand and fits in my jacket pocket easily.

In terms of battery I get about 4.5 hrs of video with the screen on Auto brightness and between 8-10 hours browsing / reading.

I have no idea with regards to gaming though as I don't play any on it.

Oh and I'd heartily recommend one. :D

Soldato
Recently sold my 7 and whilst it's a great tablet I just found the size differential between it and my s3 wasn't large enough making it largely redundant. Getting a nexus 10 to replace it along with an N4 to replace my s3.

Soldato
I've got a 7 and love it but im gettin a 10 when they drop a little and going to give my son the 7

i think the 10 is cheap already but im not in a rush now i have the 7 but i wish it was a 10

Soldato
OP
I'm leaning towards the 10 due to the screen for browsing, just need to convince the missus to get me one do Christmas!

Associate
Got the iPad 2 so have my 10 inch tablet sorted. If i didn't, then the 10 would be an insta-purchase. Getting the 7 for Christmas though as it will be the perfect midrange for me.

Soldato
Got the iPad 2 so have my 10 inch tablet sorted. If i didn't, then the 10 would be an insta-purchase. Getting the 7 for Christmas though as it will be the perfect midrange for me.

Such first world dilemmas you have.....

Surely you should buy the iPad mini so you can keep your OS's in sync on your TWO tablets :p

Associate
Such first world dilemmas you have.....

Surely you should buy the iPad mini so you can keep your OS's in sync on your TWO tablets :p

I never said it was a dilemma, just that I have an S3 so the N7 keeps in line on that front.

I'm getting the mini for my GF for Christmas..... :p

Soldato
I prefer the form factor of the 7, best bet is to find some, pick them up and have a play. I would like to get on with the 10, and would like the extra inches (ho ho) but the 7 feels much nicer in my hands.

Back
Top Bottom