Nexus one / Desire HD or hold out for Win7?

Associate
Ello all,

Currently have a iPhone 3G which the contract ran out for back in June. Been in the market for a new phone since, holding out with all the upcoming phones and leaks. Now the time had come to jump off the IPhone ship, the Desire was a highly rated phone so highly interested in the newly announced Desire HD. The Nexus one has always been on my radar since I tried it first hand, being a stock android device and learning programming my self currently.

Part of me wants to wait out for Windows mobile 7 as it may be something that turns out to be very good with some nice looking handsets on the horizon.

As you can see not very good with decisions, so looking for some opinions on the best phone to go for or hold out for.

Associate
I just sold my nexus one to a mate who smashed his, I got an offer I couldn't refuse, waiting for the desire HD, although the dell streak was on my radar but that will take forever to get 2.2, the simfree version does not even have 2.1 android.

Mobile 7 is a no no for me, it looks naff, have been burnt before with old win mobile, and it will start from scratch with zero apps, and I'm fully integrated into google with gmail and calendar etc. which works beautifully on android

Associate
There looks to be some nice Win7 mobiles on the way esp the Asus one. I'm not a lover of winmo but win7 could be the turning point and MS may deliver something new and refreshing to the Market like Android.

I see the Desire HD has a speculated release of the 2/3 weeks of October? This would be the same time that the Win7 phones would be releasing also?

Last edited:
Soldato
Win mobile's track record has been so poor I don't think I am whiling to give them another chance. Not when Android has matured into a solid and fast mobile OS with app support growing by the day.

Top Bottom