NFL game Giant vs Dolphins Wembley Stadium

Soldato
Stop talking utter rubbish will you:rolleyes:...FFS no one has actually been killed whilst on the field playing NFL football...well not during a proper NFL game although there was one guy who died while practicing for a game.

Im pretty sure people have died as a result of their injurys, maybe not actually on the field.

And yes, I have to agree with him. If it wasn't for the pads I wear I would get destroyed every time we play and even at practice. Having 250lbs of 95% muscle attempting to pummel you to the floor hurts, A LOT, even with pads, I couldn't imagine without pads and helmets. getting hit from the side is almost the worst I have encountered so far and that was a 320lb defensive end, it left me unable to play for 2 games, if it wasn't for the pads I would most likely have a set of broken left ribs.

Soldato
LOL you dont have a clue about the sport so its no wonder no one here is taking your comments seriously. Again your beloved sports of rugby and football rely a lot on strategy so stop using that as an excuse...i dont see much of individual talent tbh. But i guess running up and down a football pitch for 90 mins isnt tedious is it??

Do you actually read what I'm writing or just decide instantly it's a negative comment and throw a hissy fit?

I will spell it out.... In contrast to football, rugby, basketball and ice hockey, for example, American Football is slower and places a greater importance on team strategy over individual skill. That's what I'm saying. I'm not saying you're daft for liking the sport, or that you're soft because you wear pads. If the impacts are that much higher then fair play.

It's just too slow for me, I get bored. There are plenty of American sports I like, just not the slow, tedious ones.

And if you're not taking my comments so seriously don't get yourself worked up. :)

Last edited:
Associate
As Martin Johnson (a guy who has played both sports) says, the pads are needed in american football. The hits are done with far more power and intensity than the tackling in Rugby Union/League, that's a fact. Both sports are very different in that area. Collisions are faster, tend to be higher and are more forecful in the NFL.

I write this is as a fan of american football AND rugby, both league and union codes. I watch numerous games from all those sports every week (and have gone to the Stoop to watch my Harlequins in the Guinness Premiership and when they were in Div 1) and you rarely see a hit in rugby that's close to being as hard as the average hit you see in every NFL game.

Last edited:
Soldato
lol.. You have no idea.

People are killed in this game, and more frequently then you'd think. There are also quite a lot of disabling injuries. I heard the average career for a running back was 3 years (I think it was this position). These guys are trained to go all out for 30 seconds max, they are much bigger, more powerful, than Rugby players. Rugby players are trained to last for the whole 80mins, these guys train to kill the quarterback before he passes the ball - people would die in every game if it wasn't for the pads.

That said though, I still hate the sport.

Killed? more frequesntly then you think? I highly doubt that. Please name some names and recent deaths then. I remember hearing something about a guy die in practice although not in a game.

Associate
Damn, outed. There on Sunday Ray?

Yeah went with Paul, Sam and Dan. Quiet a few from Sabres down there, turned out to be a good day. Awesome seats about 15 rows back from pitch at the side of Miami endzone. Game was ok, got me itching to get back into it ...get the feeling i may be tyring to play senior league this year. :D

Back
Top Bottom