Ngff m.2(2242) ssd any good?

Soldato
While on the asus website for bios update I found out that my motherboard(Maximus vi formula) supports the above mentioned m.2 ssd, tho I haven’t installed the mpcie combo(which also has the WiFi and Bluetooth) on the motherboard. I knew it had WiFi and Bluetooth but never realised it did ssd.

Is there any point in getting a m.2 ssd for that vs your standard sata ssd?

Associate
This is the description of the m.2 I got for my laptop! I just used I for my OS. I think it is mega fast, my laptop is on and ready to use in 4 seconds

Get in the game before everyone else with the latest PCI-E Gen 3.0 x4 bandwidth utilizing NVMe technology on single M.2 SSD. Harness the full performance potential of the Gen 3.0 SSD through the optimization of the hardware and software outputting extreme read speeds up to 2200MB/s, 5x faster than SATA3 SSD's.

Associate
I have one of the Samsung PCI Express 3.0 x4 NVMe. They are lightning fast. They are about as dramatic as the first SSD's where. Windows loads in a few seconds. Most apps are pretty much instant. I current have one and I am about to buy a larger one for games. They are expensive but load times are dramatically reduced.

Back
Top Bottom