** NHL & Ice Hockey Discussion **

Associate
Minideej had a bit of game last night. Managed to weather the storm though and the team ended up winning. (sorry for the potato pic).

Can't believe he let one in though.....

pKe2Q5J.jpg

Soldato
Has anyone tried to sign up to NHL.TV this year yet?
I just got the message saying it's not available in my country!
I know Scandinavia is blocked out because of ViaPlay or something but I went on their site and it doesn't even have Iceland as an option.

I've been watching hockey vids constantly during August and went to the opening night of the Moscow cup just to see some games - I'll be lost without this App on the PS4. I'll try to contact them next week I guess to see if they know why.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
No I leave it until just before the season starts. Did a year off it on streams and I miss catch up and reliable streams just wish they had skippable ad breaks like they did a few years back.

Has anybody seen these trades going down. Patches to Vegas. Karlsson to sharks crazy steals there

Associate
There has been some crazy moves and even though Karlsson been rumoured to be on the movie I didn't expect to see that Sharks trade. And Sens got hardly anything in return for him either.. Going to be an interesting season :)

Soldato
I got the subscription sorted in the end. Just cancelled it and then just used a UK VPN to subscribe, change back to Iceland and it's fine. Was just some bug on the subscribe page and auto-renewal only. I can watch it so I'm happy!

Some interesting moves all off-season. Excited by the Blues moves and think they will challenge a lot more this year. If only Allen can get rid of his mental demons who knows how far they can go. Time will tell if he manages that or not.

Senators are a right mess. They didn't get enough for Karlsson but we won't know fully how bad they got screwed until we see how he is with a full injury free season. If he gets back to Norris level Sharks are a serious cup contender. Not long now...can't wait

Caporegime
Does anyone know the best way to watch NHL on TV in UK is? Currently looking at prime/viaplay?

Non dodgy. I was using free methods but they are pretty terrible.

I was going to go viaplay but there were rumours that they were pulling it in the UK. Plus you cannot pick home/away commentary. What I did like about viaplay is they have a kind of match of the day summing up. I find with 82 league games per year it's so much just to follow your team, let alone all the others. So a sum up is good.

I though use https://nhltv.nhl.com/en-int/page/home £14.99 a month or a season package. I went with the 14.99 because I wanted to test it out first. I might look at viaplay later. It's good on my iPhone, iPad but there is no decent Apple TV app, but you can airplay it to android or apple tv's. 720p. I can choose home or away on most matches depending on who is broadcasting.

My team has played 13 times this month. That's just over a pound a game. Absolute bargain. It's good for hiding scores too, so no spoilers. No blackouts in the uk so you see every game.

Last edited:
Soldato
cheers for posting that up - I bet that was amazing for the players being in an open air rink like that.
A daytime game would be neat to see too.
The NHL does have outdoor games during the Season. Next is the Winter Classic on Jan 1st in Seattle. It will be 10 years to day (on that day) that the Largest attendance for a NHL game was set at 105,000 or thereabouts.

Caporegime
What team would you suggest to follow in the NHL? preferably live games on at a decent time and a cool looking jersey.

That's a tough one. I went Montreal as when my son and I where looking for a team to follow they were 32nd in the league. Rock bottom. It was also the only team I'd seen live, so we went with them rather than glory hunting like he did when he chose Chelsea as his football team :D

It's been fun watching a rebuilding team and no Canadian team has won the cup in 30 years. There's a lot of teams with very small fanbases with little atmosphere. I'm deeply into it now. I watch the podcasts for my team news and watch all 82 games plus the cup.

Where it's all a bit odd to me is you can win 82 league games. Blitz everyone 10-0 and the fanbase still see the season as a failure if they don't win the Stanley Cup. That's so alien to European sports.

I have tickets booked for Montreal in April to take my son to two games. I don't even what to think about how much it's costing.

Decent times to watch don't really exist unless you are a night owl. Most games start at Midnight UK time for following Montreal. So I avoid twitter, Facebook and my news feed until I've watched the game.

I've just finished watching Montreal pound Boston and quite honestly when you're into a team in this sport it's 100x more enjoyment than I've had watching football the last 30 years. Even if your team sucks like Montreal does right now, there's always hope and rebuilding which just doesn't happen in football if you're not a top 4 club.

Soldato
Anyones thoughts on the Coyotes being deactivated (With the caveat of of being reactivated if a NHL Arena built in the Locality before 2029 as an expansion team) and the franchise sold off, moving to salt lake city under a new team name to the owners of the Utah Jazz (if I read the news on this correctly) My thoughts are that a move is right if its good for the future of the franchise as regards footfall, but deactivation & reactivation of a team & its name in a area that has led to said team into bankruptcy in the past isnt a good idea IMO.

Back
Top Bottom