NHS Fleet Solutions?

Associate
Hey
The wifes a nurse and as been told about this scheme, run through the NHS, where you can lease any (ish) car for cheaper than standard due to part of the price is offset against your current salary/tax. As i understand, you give them your salary and hours at work details, and they work out how much allowance you may receive against a particular car.
I'm not to sure i like this idea as it uses your tax/national insurance contributions towards any discounts available. I believe nothing is free or even cheap:(
Anyone heard of, or even used?

aMb

aMb

Associate
Salary sacrifice car schemes are growing in popularity at the moment, although the employer ultimately saves the most in employer's NIC.

I'd imagine it works best on low list price, low CO2 cars, i.e. 10% BIK on a low list price gives you a relatiely low tax to pay on the company car, relative to the tax/NIC savings on the salary you sacrifice (e.g. 20%/11% NIC or 40%/1% NIC).

Man of Honour
I used to sort out invoicing for this on the other side of the scheme. Basically you have to qualify for it as an essential user and to do this you must do a certain amount of business miles per year. Of the 30 cars on the fleet about 28 of them were small hatchbacks which gives you an idea of the sort of cars people get through it.

Soldato
I think this is similar to the scheme that NCC offers. As an "essential car user" the fact that we are having our lump sum payments taken from us means that I can automatically qualify for a lease car within 6 months of the changes taking effect.

I'll definately look into it, the temptation is to get the cheapest overall package to hack about in for work... but only if it frees me up for something nice for the weekends :p

Soldato
A few people where i work have very nice cars on the NHS lease scheme for next to nothing, nice top spec Audi A3's, one even has a Focus ST.

Soldato
I know my mum was looking into this, but ended up buying a brand new car herself instead as it worked out cheaper by her calculations, dunno quite how oh well.

She definately qualifies for something though as she has done over 20k travelling between hospitals in the past year alone

Back
Top Bottom