1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MissChief, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Tauren

Capodecina

Indeed. I haven’t owned a bottle in a long time. :)

Much better fragrances out there

2. Jean-F

Wise Guy

Your post makes sense, so I checked, glad that I still have the receipt.
    The package, and the bottle, both have Lotion Après Rasage, and After Shave Lotion on them, so I unwrapped it, and opened the bottle, and it was liquid, like my original.
    I can only think that she used a tester of Baume Après Rasage, but gave me Lotion Après Rasage.

3. Tauren

Capodecina

First bottle of TF. This is an awesome aquatic fragrance !

[​IMG]

4. V_R

Sgarrista

Got my decant of Aventus Cologne today. Not overly impressed on first opinion. Needs a full wearing.

5. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

How does it compare to the regular Costa Azzurra? I got a sample of that and Neroli Portofino off my friend and didn't really enjoy it - doesn't seem to work with my skin and gives off sweaty vibes.

In other news got a sample of Dior Ambre Nuit off their Prive line on the way and picked up a sample of MFK BR540 for my friend as she really liked All Saints Sunset Riot (which is a clone) but the performance sucks.

6. Tauren

Capodecina

The Acqua version doesn’t give off any sweaty vibes. It’s super fresh. The only problem with being really fresh, is that it doesn’t last at all that long unfortunately. Which is a shame, cause it’s a really good release !

I haven’t personally smelt the original, but going by your experience, I’ll probably give that a miss :p sweaty vibes means there’s too much sea salt going on I think !

Can’t get enough of aqua scents at the moment.

Looking at maybe picking up some Azzaro Chrome Aqua, or the original Bvlgari Aqva

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  7. BeeP

Wise Guy

Bvlgari Aqva was one of my favourite scents for a long time, it was my daily.....come to think of it I dont know why I stopped using it, I think I just got too used to the scent. I changed to Man in Black as my daily with Creed Aventus/Virgin Island Water as a change up.

8. Shawreyboy

Wise Guy

Man in Black is a great frag - had some samples of it and rated it highly. Don't know why I didn't pick a bottle up of it.

Currently, on Bleu de Chanel. Classic but safe fragrance, especially for the office.

Shawrey

9. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Cool. I'm on the lookout for more summer friendly scents (still waiting for the heatwave...) at the mo so I'll check it out - trying to get familiar with as many scents as I can get my nose on now because it's both fun and also helps me build up an idea of what I like/don't like so the odd blind-buy gets easier.

10. Tauren

Capodecina

Versace Dylan Blue is my go to aqua at the moment. Seriously good fragrance, and is very cheap. :) if you haven’t tried it, it’s worth a smell !

11. AiiR

Mobster

Versace man eau fraiche is one the best summer smells I've had.

12. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

I'll try them all - I have this plan to absolutely rinse through FragranceSamplesUK at some point and order about 100 testers.

13. Tauren

Capodecina

I’ve been looking at this one too. :) it’s a really good price atm on feelunique

14. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

Just wore the sample today and <3 <3 <3 Neroli Portofino. What a beaut of a summer scent. So far this and Bois D'Argent are the best two freshies/day frags from TF I've tried, with the latter being a bit greener and the former as blue as the bottle.

Not paying retail though lol, off to find a 1:1 clone.

15. V_R

Sgarrista

I've said in this thread about Neroli Portofino before, its lovely. But not worth the price tag. Try either the PP clone or Ferrari Bright Neroli. I actually prefer the latter at the moment. :)

Its £16 for 100ml on Notino at the moment.

16. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

I can get a staff discount as my friend's wife works on a TF counter... but even then it'll still cost a fair penny. PP is out of stock. How similar is the Ferrari?

17. Tauren

Capodecina

Just picked up a 50ml Versace man eau Fraiche for £25.

They were selling just to get rid, as apparently they just don’t sell

18. V_R

Sgarrista

Its pretty close but not exactly the same, see if you can grab a sample of it. :)

19. Tauren

Capodecina

Bought a bottle of Montblanc Explorer yesterday. (Last bottle I’m buying for a while now)

It’s good ! Cheap too. Got a 60ml for £35

20. RedvGreen

Mobster

Bought some Lalique Encre Noir, and it really does absolutely nothing for me. Gave it to my dad.

So that means I am in need of another fragrance to fill the spot on the shelf!