Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
Used to be the case but nowadays it's mostly used to denote different versions.

For example see bleu de Chanel EDT, edp and parfum. You'd expect the parfum to be the best performance, but it isn't, it just smells different.

I have some EDTs like Spicebomb that last for hours. Then I have some EDPs that last about 20mins (TF Neroli Portifino).

Associate
I recently bought a bottle of Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille and its now become my favorite fragrance to date, and the Mrs love it too which is always a bonus. It seems to get a lot of attention when out and about too.

Unfortunatly finding a tester anywhere is almost impossible unless you have a harvey Nic's in your local.

Price tag is very steep and its what put me off for a long time making the purchase @ £160 for 50ml

Soldato
On the back of all the number 9 comments I ordered a bottle, I feel like I've robbed them. It's not my usual fragrance tone bit I really quite like it. It's mental for the price.

I suspect the number 10, from description might be more my thing but this will do me for a while.

Soldato
Took advantage of sales and stocked up.

j7RopPN.jpg

Calvin Klein CK One Shock
Davidoff Cool Water
Montblanc Explorer
Armani Code
Paco Rabanne 1 Million
Hugo Just Different
Hugo

Never tried Hugo Just Different before, but took a punt. It's pretty meh. Should have got Dark Blue instead. Oh well, something to drench myself with before going to the gym.

Soldato
On the back of all the number 9 comments I ordered a bottle, I feel like I've robbed them. It's not my usual fragrance tone bit I really quite like it. It's mental for the price.

I suspect the number 10, from description might be more my thing but this will do me for a while.
Number 10 is okay…but quite marmite. It’s supposed to smell like Tom ford oud wood.. I don’t like it as much as number 9 though.

recently started wearing b-612 by nishane. Absolutely love it. It’s like, a new-age barbershop.

Associate
I recently bought a bottle of Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille and its now become my favorite fragrance to date, and the Mrs love it too which is always a bonus. It seems to get a lot of attention when out and about too.

Unfortunatly finding a tester anywhere is almost impossible unless you have a harvey Nic's in your local.

Price tag is very steep and its what put me off for a long time making the purchase @ £160 for 50ml

Must be a decent copycat of the fragrance out there mate that doesn't come with the massive price tag.

Associate

Tom Ford do a travel spray (10ml for ~£40) in Tobacco Vanille. Even worse 'value', however the initial outlay is less painful.
18757920_2

I've also read Tobacco Vanille can 'go off' before some people have finished the large bottle.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've also read Tobacco Vanille can 'go off' before some people have finished the large bottle.

It takes an extremely long time (10 years+) for Tobacco Vanille to go off if stored right, it's quite a dark scent. Also older bottles normally command more money as newer releases have been reformulated and become weaker.

I always go for 100ml bottles, which can be had for under £200 (£204 + 10% off)
https://www.lookfantastic.com/tom-ford-tobacco-vanille-eau-de-parfum-spray-100ml/12709324.html

I normally get bored of them after awhile or can decant a bit and sale off the original bottle and get a bit my money back

Last edited:
Caporegime
Took advantage of sales and stocked up.

j7RopPN.jpg

Calvin Klein CK One Shock
Davidoff Cool Water
Montblanc Explorer
Armani Code
Paco Rabanne 1 Million
Hugo Just Different
Hugo

Never tried Hugo Just Different before, but took a punt. It's pretty meh. Should have got Dark Blue instead. Oh well, something to drench myself with before going to the gym.

Just need a bottle of JOOP to top that collection off. The red lighting isn't helping matters.

Soldato
Second? Just 1 bottle would make my wallet cry. Is the extrait worth the extra over the parfum?
It’s expensive, yep… but so so worth it. 1 - 2 sprays is all you need. And yes, in my opinion it is much better, deeper, richer, and more masculine than the parfum. Worth sampling.

Back
Top Bottom