Nice to see the justice system getting its priorities in order!-Again!

Caporegime
Both are criminals and have been convicted, what am I supposed to be angry about here?

A life was nearly taken and they only got 5 years. For attempted murder where it's lucky the person survived.

Yet someone selling dodgy boxes got 7 years for piracy which is a lesser crime. Still a crime but IMO a lesser one than taking someones life or attempting to anyway.

Caporegime
A life was nearly taken and they only got 5 years. For attempted murder where it's lucky the person survived.

A life was nearly taken? Attempted Murder? The article states:

Mother-of-two Ms Riley, 30, who had earlier been ejected from a bar, suffered two superficial injuries and three wounds to her head which are feared to have left her scarred for life.

If she had nearly died she, the girl wouldn't have been charged with 'wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and having a bladed article.'

Soldato
A life was nearly taken? Attempted Murder? The article states:

If she had nearly died she, the girl wouldn't have been charged with 'wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and having a bladed article.'

To be fair something like piracy should never get a harsher sentence than scarring a person for life in a violent assault that may also leave lasting mental trauma.

Caporegime
Would you be more angry at someone making a copy of your mothers wedding film and selling it or someone grabbing your mother and repeatedly stabbing her in the face?

Take your time on this one, there is no wrong answer.

This is ludicrous, because that's clearly not what the men have been convicted for.

They've been convicted because their crimes have cost pay-tv "in excess" of £10 million pounds.

Caporegime
They have guidelines legislated by parliament, take it up with your mp if your so aggrieved at people being sentenced ‘wrongly’.

Indeed I’d much more angry at the likes of the subprime lenders getting away with a trillion dollar heist... economic pain caused by that will have been the leading cause of many further crimes.

We already know economic suffering is vastly worse to society than a single action of one individual on another, mostly regardlessof how heinous it is (there are exceptions).

Soldato
This is ludicrous, because that's clearly not what the men have been convicted for.

They've been convicted because their crimes have cost in the region of £10 million pounds.

I did state they sell it so they are making money from it but the amount shouldnt really anger you. i mean your mothers being stabbed in the face and all you want to talk about is how much money SKY is losing.

Caporegime
My mother wouldn't calling people dykes in the early hours of the morning, having been ejected from a pub.

If some random person came up to her and started stabbing her in the face, then it's a completely different scenario.

Caporegime
I can say I'm glad we have judges to apply sentencing guidelines and take in to account extenuating circumstances, rather than leave it up to angry people on message boards.

Caporegime
Why is a bouncer carrying a knife...

See, that is a good question....was she working that particular night?

Of course: UK knife law allows you to carry non-locking pocket knives with a blade length up to 3 inches

Would you like the UK Government to ban pen-knives because of this incident?

Soldato
See, that is a good question....was she working that particular night?

Of course: UK knife law allows you to carry non-locking pocket knives with a blade length up to 3 inches

Would you like the UK Government to ban pen-knives because of this incident?
Yes they come in quite handy if you're out camping. Going to a club? Hmm yeah might need to fashion a stirrer for my drink out of a twig off a branch. Give it a rest.

And also none of which answers the question "Why is a bouncer carrying a knife?"

On the job or off the job, there is no justification for bringing a pen knife to a club. And if she's doing it on the job, I don't see how that's justifiable, and doing it off the job as a bouncer she should know better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom