Niche Coffee Grinder - anyone buying

Associate
Associate
Looks like today Niche released the next batch of grinders for sale... damn James Hoffmann for inspiring :D. I have been after one for a few months, It looks like they are all sold out now, but they went one for sale @3pm today.

Has anyone got one? anyone have any views? or negatives?

I'm ditching my recently purchased Sage Pro grinder, and getting this.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/niche-zero-the-best-conical-burr-coffee-grinder/x/26117807#/

Cheers.

What's your thoughts on the Sage Pro?

Associate
OP
What's your thoughts on the Sage Pro?

It's a good grinder for it's money, I'd say poor for espresso - think it's trying to do too much of a catchall. I found the results were too inconsistent even under the same settings, it also retains too much coffee in the grinder. This was my first real step in to a grinder, however seeing and trying others I know there is a lot better to have in the end result. clearly I can't compare the two, as the pro is 200, the niche is 500. My biggest frustration was consistent results.

It might be good for some people, but it's not for me.

Soldato
I hadn't heard of this but now obviously I want one. lol.

Truthfully, I only make white Americano(e)s with my Aeropress so my Baratza Encore serves me perfectly well.

Soldato
That cheap burr grinder is absolutely useless for producing a grind suitable for espresso. You can, just about, get something reasonable for a French press or pour over.

Soldato
The Niche Zero is honestly one of the best coffee related things I've bought. Makes a huge difference to consistency and quality of shots, and is much easier to flip between grind settings then my previous Iberital MC2.

Caporegime
A Gucci belt ! :D
After deciding now to jump on the 5% bandwagon, the wife and I are looking at getting a really nice food processor (possibly a Magimix). Stumbled across this thread and I do actually get annoyed at ending up with slightly different grounded amounts, but half a G to grind my beans more accurately. Nope :p.

Pet Northerner
Don
After deciding now to jump on the 5% bandwagon, the wife and I are looking at getting a really nice food processor (possibly a Magimix). Stumbled across this thread and I do actually get annoyed at ending up with slightly different grounded amounts, but half a G to grind my beans more accurately. Nope :p.
I think unless you have very delicate tastebuds and enjoy only the finest coffee made perfectly, I think this product isn't needed.

£500 on a grinder for anyone else is just a status symbol.

Caporegime
I think unless you have very delicate tastebuds and enjoy only the finest coffee made perfectly, I think this product isn't needed.

Haha, I'll stick to being a simple man then. You never know, that Magimix might have it's own grinder option with all of those attachments.......................:p

Soldato

The only person that's going to know it's a £500 grinder is another coffee fan. I can think of better ways to spend your money if you want to show off!

Back
Top Bottom