Nigel Benn vs Steve Collins **Super fight**

Permabanned
Hail

According to Baz mod it is ok to make a new thread for an individual boxing match if you are 'brave enough'... Anyway, as I have been banned from posting in the other boxing thread I thought I would make a thread for this fight because it is 'ok' and I have used the 'super fight' tag.

So who will win? I think Collins will win easily based on his superior reach... much like he did in their previous 2 meetings.

Soldato
Whoever can make it through the hardest camp physically intact will most likely win. I've seen a few old timers think they've still got it, only to suffer a serious injury and find they haven't. Also taking a punch usually really shows as you get older, no matter what type of condition your in.

If this is a proper fight I'd fancy Benn, but only just. I think the sparring with Conor Benn, and Eubank rematch might give him the edge.

Both guys are legends and though I'd love to watch them in decent shape sparring with head gear and maybe 12oz gloves, but I'd hate to see one of them get dropped hard.

I think if they really want to do this first they should go through a 4-5 week camp and decide on how many rounds. Over 4 rounds fitness won't play as big a part. Can either go the full 12?

This fight hasn't been made yet, and the post seems more like a moan about my thread/Pop at Baz/other mod.

Soldato
What happened to Benn fighting Eubank again they said last year they both wanted a re match and it was a bigger rivalry than this fight was it not?

Associate
Benn looked in decent condition recently. Can't imagine Collins has kept it up as much. Hope neither get hurt as this is purely about a pay day.
Even saw some suggestions of opening a funding page for the two NOT to fight.

Back
Top Bottom