Night time hikers

Soldato
Are there any other people here who enjoy going on night-time hikes around the countryside? I feel a great sense of being at ease when walking around in the dark and being in the country.

Man of Honour
I do a bit but not out of an interest in it but because of my job - I like it because there is mostly an absence of other people to deal with which makes things far more pleasant.

Soldato
never really tried this as its now what i do full time ,good way to avoid the tourists here i guess ,i just do inaccessible routes likethe one i did at tintagel yesterday
im doing the camino in a few weeks (5 weeks plus ,over the Pyrenees and across spain) so really need to get a head torch as it may be a way to avoid the potential heat in the daytime

Soldato
I did High Street Fell from Kentmere, in the Lakes, at night, returning to Kentmere. I set off at 8pm and got back down at 4am. It was a beautiful walking experience, virtually no light pollution anywhere and yet once my eyes had adjusted to starlight and moonlight between the clouds I barely used my headtorch.

The only worry was that it was not always obvious what was a rock and what was a hole. :)

Back
Top Bottom