Nikon d40

Soldato
Hey guys, how do i change the fstop and the shutter speed at the same time? I'm on my phone.. No internet :O

Thanks

Soldato
Gotta set it in Shutter/Aperture Priority, then revert to Manual.

Soldato
Gotta set it in Shutter/Aperture Priority, then revert to Manual.
Sorry but that's wrong. You set the mode dial to M then the shutter speed changes when you turn the command dial; press +/- and turn the command dial to change the aperture. This is from page 43 of the manual.

Soldato
Sorry but that's wrong. You set the mode dial to M then the shutter speed changes when you turn the command dial; press +/- and turn the command dial to change the aperture. This is from page 43 of the manual.
But that's not gonna change both at the same time. OP wants to change both at the same time, so the Priority modes are what he needs.

Soldato

But that's not gonna change both at the same time. OP wants to change both at the same time, so the Priority modes are what he needs.

^

Associate
All of the posts here are right, but it depends on what you mean by change at the same time. If you want to change one, and have the camera change the other for you, then use shutter or aperture priority mode, and turn the dial and it will adjust the "whatever" depending on what mode you have selected. If you want to adjust both manually then put it in manual, use the dial for shutter speed, and press and hold +/- and turn the dial to change aperture.

DiG

DiG

Associate
Also on my D50 in P mode turning the command dial gives different combinations of shutter and aperture, at least I think it does, don't have my camera on me to double check!

Soldato
OP
Hi guys, thanks for the replies. Just got my internet back up!

And yes, I meant change both in manual mode. Sorry I wasn't clear, was typing quickly on my phone :p

Still haven't had a proper chance to use the camera yet!

Top Bottom