Nikon F to Fuji X mount adapter?

Soldato
Anyone bought one of the cheapo one from Amazon? I was aiming to sell my old D50 gear but for £15 or so it might be worth a punt to try out my Sigma 70-300 and 50mm/f1.8.

I know AF won't work but what about manual focus assists on my XT10? Peaking etc? :)

RaV

RaV

Associate
I've a few cheap adapters for my XE2 and they all work perfectly since they are so simple. But I am adapting much older lenses. Focus peaking works great. The only issue I can see if if the lenses you are wanting to use do not have aperture rings, in which case the aperture will be fixed either wide open or at the last fstop it was set to on your Nikon. Im sure you can get smarter adapters that will let you adjust the aperture, but they tend to be more expensive.

Soldato
OP
Bump. The guys at TP forums seem to like to K&F mount adapters so I'm about to hit buy on the F mount to Fuji X version -- but I just wanted to double check regarding aperture control before I do.

I'm now home and checked both my 50mm and the Sigma 70-300 absolutely do have aperture wheels on them, therefore I don't need the adapter with the aperture wheel, correct? I will be able to control aperture on the lenses themselves, when mounted with the adapter? Is that right? Thanks :)

Soldato
OP
I'm not sure I really understand that? My adapter arrived today and I had a quick play with my 50mm and Sigma 70-300. Pretty fun. Focus seems fine, even when using the Sigma in macro mode at f4 :p What do you mean about infinity focus?

The K&F adapter was definitely a good choice. It feels very solid. Nice metal build too. Would definitely recommend.

Associate
If the lens focusses to infinity on the adapter then you have no problems!

Some of the cheaper ones sometimes don’t have correct tolerance for infinity focus - the adapter is not quite the correct distance from focal plane to sensor. Good way to test is set focus to infinity and then take a photo of something in the distance, if it is soft or out of focus then return the adapter, if it is sharp then you are fine.

Soldato
OP
Ah ok got it. Thanks.

Really enjoying having a macro lens again. Just in time for the autumn leaves etc.

And the nifty fifty looks great on the Fuji!

Soldato
OP
The K&F adapter is really very good actually. Haven't done any particularly "in depth / technical" testing but it's all metal and feels very premium. They were recommended multiple times on TP too so I'd go for that.

Back
Top Bottom