Nintendo DS, why the high prices.... still?

Associate
2 years ago at this time, i bought 2 DS's for my daughters at £89 each with a nintendogs game each, i also paid £210 for a PSP with GTA for my son.

looking @ the same retailers site just now and a DS with Brain Training is £114.98 and a PSP with game is £129.

Mmmmmmm.

Soldato
Supply and demand. The DS is still selling phenomenally well. There's no incentive for Nintendo to lower the price. Especially when it started at a relatively low price.

Soldato
What all of the above said really, its still selling remarkably well why lower the price if they are still selling at the "relativly" high price.
In the grand scheme of things i honestly dont think they are that pricy for what you are getting out of it but thats just my 2 cents

Associate
I think they are over priced for what you get. I would be happy to pay £59.99 for one with a game. The tech in it is dated and does nothing for me..thats just my 2p. They sell like hot cakes still though. I still have the DS phat, does nothing but sit on the floor being chubby.

Caporegime
ive said it before and ill say it again, price gauging,t heres a reason why nintendo are one of the more profitable businesses...

luckily their product seems to sell okay for the time being.

but then has any ninty handheld done badly (barring virtuaboy?)

i go into the shop and see -F games like, Gordon Ramsey cooking. im hoping that they drop a 64, or gamecube, you know where they had to set them to £40 to clear them out about 3 years from release or something.

(im not a hater, i have a DS!)

Soldato
the new DSi is released soon which should see the DS reduced. Although it looks like the DSi might be more expensive so the price for the old version might not drop much

Back
Top Bottom