1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Nintendo Switch ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Boomstick777, 6 Jan 2016.

1. Noxia

Sgarrista

I look forward to starting SS tbh, I doubt I can like it any less than BOTW but I may surprise myself. Got the links awakening remake too.

2. fez

Capodecina

Doubt it. Have nothing but contempt for the way the pokemon company/gamefreak treat their fans so I won't be giving them any of my money.

3. Plainsong

Sgarrista

The Let's Go games were pretty bad. Thought I'd try one (2nd hand) to see how they were and nope I won't be buying one of those again.

4. b0rn2sk8

Sgarrista

I’ll probably get it but I haven’t picked up my switch for awhile so I’ll not be in a rush. Perhaps on the Christmas list.

5. fez

Capodecina

They were a big nostalgia trip for me and were executed pretty well for what they were. Sw:Sh could have been so much better if they gave a crap though. Each to their own. Plenty of people don't care how much effort a studio puts into their games and are happy just for another cookie cutter entry in the franchise.

6. Vanquish-Storm

Mobster

How so? These 2 are not game freak are they?

I thought let’s go were decent, like fez says nostalgia and all that. It’s what I’m playing at the moment.

I prefer the games with the more original set of Pokémon than these new ones that have all weird and wonder monsters.

7. Plainsong

Sgarrista

I have no nostalgia for them they just felt like dumbed down trash to me. Felt like a mobile game. Not fun.

8. ScarySquirrel

Capodecina

Does anyone know what the best/cheapest way for me to get a single joy con controller is? I don't care if it's third party, as long as it works and isn't rubbish. I only need one.

9. fez

Capodecina

Is yours lost/physically damaged or just the usual drift. If its drift then talk to nintendo and be very firm about the fact its a known issue and they should fix it for free.

If its the former, probably ebay.

10. iamtheoneneo

Capodecina

11. no_1_dave

Soldato

OLED model is now available to pre-order from several places.
    Selling out fast and websites crashing just like happens with PS5 etc.

I got a pre-order in on the rainforest for a white one just in case I decide it's worth the upgrade. If I change my mind I can always cancel it or sell it

12. Raiden85

Wise Guy

Got my pre-order in for the OLED model in July so hopefully that will ship at launch. 95% of the time I use it handheld so I'm really looking forward to the screen upgrade, I find the current LCD screen absolutely crap, even on a cloudy outdoor day it can be hard to see or gets completely washed out, if it's sunny then the screen is absolutely useless.

13. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

The OLED is an old version of the technology so don’t get your hopes up for high peak brightness. There is also no anti glare coating.

Last edited: 4 Sep 2021
  14. fez

Capodecina

Oh Nintendo, never change.

(we won't - yours sincerely Nintendo)

15. ScarySquirrel

Capodecina

16. steve5424

Mobster

Can't you just buy a double pack. Then you'll have a spare one incase anything goes wrong with any of the others.

17. theone8181

Soldato

Or sell it to lessen the impact?

18. dragonslayer

Hitman

Don't CEX sell them singularly I know they did at one point

19. Noxia

Sgarrista

I echo this, I have an OLED TV specifically for a dark room as it's not bright enough to use in light conditions. I can't see the switch being any different. That said, the Vita one is good.

20. steve5424

Mobster

Don't see why it wouldn't be bright enough. Most phones have OLED screens now too and they work fine in the sun.