1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Nintendo Switch ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Boomstick777, 6 Jan 2016.

1. djxput

Wise Guy

Thanks for that. I know personally I like oled much more.

2. Apex

Capodecina

I went for the oled and wish I had just waited and bought second hand once everyone was selling theirs for the newer model. Its almost always used on my TV, but even if it hadn't been, since when have Nintendo games been about being super beautiful?

2nd hand v2 is the way I'd go, if you can get a good condition one

3. delta0

Sgarrista

I particularly want to game on the move and when away from home so portability is high for me. OLED made sense so I could maximise that experience.

4. JDR82

Hitman

The frame rate is good, resolution feels like it could be better but really enjoying it all the same.

5. bakes0310

Capodecina

Decided to give Zelda breath of the wild another chance as I bought a new TV and also paid £40+ for the game. Really enjoying it now, I have two divine beast under my belt and slowly moving into the next one. I'm hoping to finish the game in time for the sequel whenever that comes out.

6. _Jimlad_

Capodecina

If anyone sees a good black Friday deal on the oled please post

7. PC777

Hitman

Picked up Dark Souls Remastered even though have had and completed on PC for ages, not a bad port and still worth it for £17.99, enjoying playing through it again, also the Diablo 2 and 3 double pack for £34.99, though had 3 on PC, I heard the Switch version is pretty good. Those 3 alone are hundreds of hours of gameplay, awesome to have handheld option for those types of game as well.

Also looking at Tony Hawks 1 and 2 and also Cruisin' Blast, both good deals around £20, finally Monster Boy remake at £8.99, not sure if will get all, but definitely Tony Hawk.

8. JDR82

Hitman

Is this on the U.K. store, I can only see a full price D3 and discounted D2 can’t see any double pack.

9. PC777

Hitman

It's there but I only found it as I searched for Diablo 2 on the store search function, it comes up as Diablo Prime Evil Collection and includes both D2 remake and D3 complete edition that usally goes for £50 alone, you get both for £34.99. Pretty sweet deal.

10. JDR82

Hitman

Found it thanks, would have never known otherwise it was both D2 and D3 that’s my winter gaming with the other half covered.

11. GinG

Sgarrista

Just bought the switch in Tesco for £239 including mario kart.

What games are worth while?

Tempted by Zelda? Which one is best?

Also loved mario 64 back in the day, which is the mario game to go for?

12. DomBruv

Wise Guy

Has anyone got GTA Tril? is it really that bad?
    it looks it from what i see online

13. dragonslayer

Hitman

Here's a quick list of games I personally think are a must have for the switch
    Xenoblade chronicals 1&2
    Octopath travelers
    Oninaki
    Fire emblem 3 houses
    Splatoon 2
    Monster hunter rise
    Astral chains

14. PC777

Hitman

I absolutely loved Mario Odyssey, one of my favourite Switch games and I've played Mario games since the Nes, not all love it but it's my favourite 3D Mario game since Mario64. I also got the Mario All Stars pack and replayed Mario64 after that, still holds up and also worth getting as has Mario Sunshine and Mario Galaxy on the same cart.

I loved Breath of the Wild on WiiU, supposed to be even better on Switch, also highly recommend Dark Souls and the Diablo games as well as Monster Hunter Rise.

15. Plainsong

Sgarrista

Mario Odyssey it's brilliant. Breath of The Wild is the best Zelda but it can be a bit marmite to some. I think it's also brilliant. Link's Awakening is a remake and its great especially if you prefer the older 2D Zelda's.

16. GinG

Sgarrista

Thanks all will take a look at them.

17. delta0

Sgarrista

If you want slightly more traditional Mario then Mario 3D World is good. It comes with Bowsers Fury as well

18. _Jimlad_

Capodecina

Mario Odyssey is in my view the best mario game on the switch. Me and my kids have had our monies worth from that.

19. Mucky_Pup

Mobster

Won a Switch OLED last night on a raffle site, should be a good replacement to my day one original switch.

20. GinG

Sgarrista

Will watch a few YouTube videos and make a decision from there!