1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nioh 2

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by jennidc, 20 Mar 2020.

1. jennidc

Hitman

Purchased this 2 days ago and absolutely love it so far. If you enjoyed the first game this is a no brainer. For the uninitiated it's like cross between dark souls, ninja garden, an RPG with diablo style loot.

2. ricky1981

Mobster

Enjoying it too, it's very very similar to the first game so far but I put 100+ hours into that so I'm very happy :)

3. Grandmaster Fap!

Sgarrista

Loved the first one, played it so much, this is a definite purchase!

4. Grandmaster Fap!

Sgarrista

So been playing for an hour, damn even the early mobs have insane amounts of health. I always like using kusarigama but it feels a bit ineffectual in this game! :eek::D

5. ricky1981

Mobster

Yeah, similar to the first game in that it's very hard early on until you get some magic and ninja skills. I've found the hatchets pretty OP as they have a throw attack that you can cheese pretty effectively. I've stuck with the trust spear/sword combo but only on the 3rd mission so far as been sidetracked by Animal Crossing :D

6. jennidc

Hitman

I always use kusa too, mainly in high stance. Trust me it soon becomes very powerful again, just level dex

7. Grandmaster Fap!

Sgarrista

How you guys getting on with this? Ill admit im not enjoying it, i feel like they have gone so overboard on the mobs movement and damage just to outdo DS/Sekiro levels of difficulty. I used to enjoy the tactical quality of beating things in Nioh but this game is so full of 'trap' moments it feels like Ninja are just trolling you with one shot deaths constantly.

Ive completed the game as Ninja and now trying mage but my enthusiasm is waning.

8. ricky1981

Mobster

I got sidetracked by FFVIIR to be honest but I agree that the regular enemies do seem more dangerous than the last game where it felt like you only really got badly hurt by them if you were careless. The enemies around the corner trick is overused as well, means you just assume there will be someone jumping out at you constantly which removes the tension/excitement when it happens. It is a shame they reused quite so much from the first game as aside from a couple of elements you'd hardly know it wasn't just DLC.

That said, I do intend to get stuck in again soon!

9. Grandmaster Fap!

Sgarrista

Crack at it mate and let us know what you think. I agree that reusing lots of mobs from the first game is a bit cheeky but i can overlook it, i just dont enjoy the amount of moments in the game where it tries to force the difficulty through the roof by throwing mobs at you all at once. It feels cheap and takes any skill away from a fight and just has you running around trying to get some space or cheese it somehow.

10. Chaos

Soldato

The free Ps5 update comes out today if you own Nioh 2.

I picked up the ps4 version cheap so will give it a bash, I enjoyed the first one.

11. Mint8

Gangster

Another of those games I fell I should really enjoy - but gave up on after not being able to kill the horse boss thing on the first level.......which funnily enough was pretty much the same experience I had with Sekiro where i couldnt beat the boss chained to the post so gave up.

I should justa ccept that I am awful at "Souls-like" games and stop buying htem - but for some reason, each time one comes out I think this time will be different.

12. ricky1981

Mobster

Which boss was that? There's an early demon that you're not supposed to be able to take down, you're meant to avoid him :D

It's not an easy game but it's quite a bit gentler than Sekiro so might be worth another try.

13. Mint8

Gangster

I have loaded the PS5 upgrade this morning - so will be giving it a 2nd try later.

i know the horse boss thing on the first level can be skipped but I was going on the basis that if I couldnt beat it then there wasnt much point going on anyway.

14. Chaos

Soldato

The game is a bit rough even at the first level as you have poor gear etc.
    Just run past the big horsey and try and finish the level.

Some beginner tips -

15. ricky1981

Mobster

It's not that is can be skipped, it's supposed to be skipped. It's way way above your starting level so only top tier players would have a chance.